Chapter 13 Offering Help

The following morning brought a sense of anticipation as Leviathan revealed his eagerness to explore a different city in the hopes of finding a suitable companion. Despite his enthusiasm, Samaya, not in her best mood, responded with a nonchalant "hm" as she mechanically continued to eat her breakfast.

The ambiance shifted abruptly when a mysterious figure approached them. This male possessed fair skin, snowy white curly hair, a fluffy tail, and a face with simple yet aesthetically pleasing markings. Two magenta stripes adorned each side of his face, with an additional magenta stripe gracing each eyelid.

Leviathan, highly on guard, observed the newcomer with a cold and penetrating gaze. Samaya, captivated by the striking appearance of the beastman, found herself in a daze, whispering, "Wow, why are all beastmen so handsome? How am I supposed to keep my cool like this?"

Breaking the silence, the young beastman extended an offer, "I overheard your conversation yesterday, and I want to offer my help to you guys. I'm traveling as well and need a place to stay. We can discuss the payment later." His words hung in the air, creating a moment pregnant with possibilities. Unable to comprehend his offer, Samaya turned to Leviathan for guidance. With a cautious nod, Leviathan signaled his openness to considering the newcomer's proposal. As the conversation unfolded, Samaya began to grasp the notion that this mysterious beastman might be the answer to filling the void of a companion.

The next day dawned with Samaya awakening in Leviathan's embrace, shivering from the cold. "Lev, I need new clothes; it's getting so cold," she expressed with a slight tremor in her voice. Looking down at her, Leviathan explained, "You are wearing my snakeskin, so we need to find some more suitable animal skins." Her eyes widened as she processed the revelation. "That's snakeskin? It looks like fine and expensive silk to me." Leviathan enlightened her, "Snake beastmen shed their skin once a year and gift it to their spouses. It doesn't absorb water and can't burn."

Amidst the warmth of the fire, the young beastman listened intently to their conversation. Puzzled by the seamless communication between Samaya and Leviathan, he inquired, "How can you understand each other so smoothly?" In response, Leviathan explained, "We have a unique connection. The bond marked by the tattoo allows us to understand each other's language. Unfortunately, she can't comprehend your words, but we appreciate your willingness to assist. Tell me your name, I'll tell her about it later." Hyo, concealing a subtle hint of envy behind his eyes, maintained his composure, silently reassuring himself, "Stay calm; the opportunity to have her to myself will arise after that fool goes to sleep." He then introduced himself with a composed demeanor, stating, "My name is Hyo." Leviathan sensed the unspoken desire in Hyo's gaze, realizing that Hyo sought the opportunity to become Samaya's spouse, rather than seeking payment.

Standing beside Hyo, Leviathan detected an unexpected strength emanating from the young beastman. Despite having only a few markings on his face, Leviathan felt an unspoken power that surpassed his initial expectations. In acknowledgment of Hyo's interest in Samaya, Leviathan spoke with a measured tone, "I won't stop you from courting Samaya. However, I won't assist you either. If she doesn't come to like you, you can only blame yourself for being useless." Hyo understood that while Leviathan appeared to be helping on the surface, there was an underlying warning not to harbor any intentions towards his "little female."

Unknown to Leviathan, Hyo had been silently shadowing them for a considerable time, patiently waiting for an opportune moment to seize Samaya. His presence remained unnoticed as he moved in the darkness, only revealing himself upon their arrival at the city. Now, he saw a chance to pursue the female he desired without the complications of abduction.