Chapter 16 Take It Out

“Take it out…” she mumbled. Leviathan observed her, pondering, “Are you awake? … Was she sleep talking?”

Samaya stirred from slumber to find a delicate butterfly perched on her nose, its vibrant hues dancing in the soft light. With a gentle flick, she brushed the fluttering creature, which danced around her away, only to realize she was enveloped within the protective coils of a massive serpent hovering above. As she stirred, a sticky sensation between her legs reminded her of the previous night's intimacy. “He didn't pull it out last night!” Samaya grumbled. Slowly and cautiously extracting herself, she winced at the discomfort of pulling it out. As Samaya's gaze shifted upward, the serpent above her glanced down and briefly flashed a sinister grin before calmly closing its eyes after the brief exchange. Climbing out from the serpentine embrace, she felt the lingering stickiness between her legs, a tangible reminder of their passionate night.  Battling against her fatigue, Samaya decided to satisfy her thirst before retreating back to rest. Throughout the brief interlude, two golden eyes remained steadfast in tracking her every move.

Following a brief repose, Leviathan stirred from slumber and tenderly lifted Samaya into his embrace, carrying her to the nearby lake with utmost care. Once there, he meticulously cleansed and clothed her, while Hyo trailed behind, his demeanor still tinged with lingering annoyance from the events of the previous day. Noticing Hyo's lingering presence, Leviathan addressed him, “She'll be resting all day. We'll return tomorrow. Go and hunt some more animals, I'll fashion more clothes for her before I leave you two.” Hyo's spirits lifted at the implied acceptance, feeling increasingly like part of the family. His task ahead was clear: changing Samaya's mind. That shouldn't be too complicated. The thought brought a wild sway to his tail and a slight smile to his lips..

Arriving at their destination, Samaya awoke to familiar surroundings. Realizing she was still dwelling within the confines of a cave, she resolved to build a proper home for herself. Recalling the adage, “One little piggy constructs his home from hay, another opts for wood, but the wisest among them selects sturdy bricks for his home.” Samaya decided to construct a more permanent and comfortable home for herself. After sharing her plans with Leviathan, she expressed the need for bricks, beginning with the search for orange-colored mud. Leviathan playfully pinched her nose, “Alright,” prompting a fond smile from Samaya. “Sometimes he's as cold as ice, but then, he's the sweetest person on earth,” she mused.

He instructed Hyo to accompany her to the nearby lake to seek suitable mud, while he commenced digging a large hole. In one corner, he placed firewood, leaving space for the bricks in the other. Hyo, who took Samaya's hand, led her to the water's edge, where they found two kinds of mud, one grayish and the other bluish. Failing to locate red mud, Samaya gestured to Hyo, indicating her desire to try both colors. Collecting samples of each, they returned together to Leviathan.

Upon their return, Samaya impulsively leaped into the hole, only to be caught off guard by its depth. As she plummeted to the bottom, a jolt of pain shot through her upon impact, causing her to wince. With determination, she began shaping the mud, her hands working tirelessly despite the ache in her muscles.
Casting a hopeful glance upward, she discovered Leviathan and Hyo were nowhere to be seen.
Frustration gnawed at her as she made several futile attempts to call for help, her voice echoing in the cavernous space. Growing desperate, Samaya tried to scale the walls, but each effort proved fruitless. Exhausted and disheartened, she finally succumbed to defeat, reluctantly settling into a grumpy silence at the bottom of the hole.

“They've forgotten about me and just left me here... Unbelievable! I won't let this slide, just wait and see how I repay you for this,” she muttered bitterly, frustration tainting her voice. Leviathan and Hyo, seated nearby, exchanged amused glances. Hyo, sensing her distress, suggested, “Shouldn't we lend her a hand? She looks like she's about to cry.” Leviathan, his gaze flickering to the hole, briefly responded with a hint of firmness, “She chose to jump in without seeking aid, that's what that troublemaker gets from hurting herself. Sometimes, the best lessons come from experiencing the consequences of one's actions. She'll learn from this.” He relished the idea of her dependence on him and sought to teach her a lesson about impulsive behavior. But despite his words, a pang of concern lingered in his tone, revealing his underlying care for Samaya's well-being. Noticing their whispers above the hole, Samaya seethed with anger. “Hateful! They're playing tricks on me while I'm down here!”

After a while, Leviathan leaped down into the hole, his strong arms reaching out to lift Samaya gently as he ascended. Samaya, her frustration boiling over, clenched her teeth as she allowed herself to be lifted, her gaze fixed on the ground. Once out of the hole, she shook herself free from Leviathan's grasp, her body tense with indignation. Brushing off Leviathan's attempts to speak, Samaya, who still simmered with anger, stormed back into the cave, her footsteps echoing with each angry step. Inside, she retreated to the furthest corner, her back turned to Leviathan and Hyo, who followed her with concerned glances. Throughout the evening, Samaya remained wrapped in a cloud of silence, her thoughts consumed by a mix of anger and hurt. Even as he approached with offerings of food and apologies, she turned away, her heart heavy with resentment. As the night wore on, Samaya's anger gradually gave way to exhaustion, retreating into sleep to escape her frustrations.