|| 04 ||

"What about your first date?" Priyanka gushed

We'd finished having dinner about an hour ago and the entire family, plus Gauri and I had gathered in the living room with an assortment of sweets and delicacies: kaju katlis, laddoos and éclairs.

I glanced at Mr. Oberoi, who looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Aap Bhaiya ko aise kyun dekh rahi ho?" Rudy questioned me with a teasing grin.

Mr. Oberoi—— much to my surprise—— took a seat beside me. He shrugged as I looked at him questioningly, before glancing discreetly at his chattering family members.

"Bha—— Didi!" Priyanka whined. "Bataiye na! What did Bhaiya do for your first date?"

I glanced at Mr. Oberoi who merely raised an eyebrow. "You've told them about our first mulaqat. Why don't you tell them about our first date too?"

The nerve of this man!

Fine.

Rolling my eyes, I jabbed my elbow into his stomach lightly. Smiling at him, I looked at Priyanka. "I'd really rather not answer that question, Priyanka." I looked at Mr. Oberoi from my periphery, "It's much too personal and special for it to be shared in public."

While Priyanka swooned, Mr. Oberoi leaned in and whispered softly, "Ran out of ideas, already Miss Mehra?"

I glanced at him and saw him smirking triumphantly with a raised eyebrow. "No," I smiled, batting my eyelashes. "I want you to show me exactly how special you would make a girl feel on a first date with you." Mr. Oberoi tilted his head. "I did say you have to make it up to me."

"You said and I quote: You can make it up to me later." He rolled his eyes.

"Ah! But you need to read between the lines," I grinned. "Have you never had a girlfriend before?"

"You know I did," Mr. Oberoi replied drily.

"Ah, right. Mallika. The one who dumped you," I nodded, taking a bite of the éclair.

"It was a mutual break up," he replied coolly. I hummed, clearly not convinced. Mr. Oberoi merely rolled his eyes before turning to face his siblings who were all staring at the two of us. Even Chutki looked surprised.

"Erm, what?" I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, feeling self conscious with the gaze of so many on the two of us.

"Nothing," Jahnvi Aunty replied with a smile. "We were all about to retire for the night." She stood up, grabbing her husband's arm and pulling him upright as well. "Come on Tej."

Tej Uncle walked away, looking forlornly at the éclairs.

Pinky Aunty ushered a kaju katli-craving Shakti Uncle alongside Om and Gauri who accompanied Dadi to her room.