|| 08 ||

"Di!" Gauri's exuberant voice greeted me as I walked down the stairs, running my fingers through my curls which had formed overnight

"Di!" Gauri's exuberant voice greeted me as I walked down the stairs, running my fingers through my curls which had formed overnight. "The invitation's here."

"What invitation?" I asked, puzzled.

"Arre, the Oberois' New Year's Ball," she beamed, holding up a designed envelope. She laughed, seeing as my nose scrunched, "Not a big fan of the colour palette?" She glanced down at the invitation in her hands.

"I'm trying to figure out what the wedding invitations would look like," I replied, walking down the stairs and making my way to the kitchen.

It was quite elegant and beautifully decorated but it also gave off royal wedding vibes which made me wonder what the wedding invitations would look like.

"I'm sure they'll figure out something," Gauri waved her hand dismissively. "Di, I'm running late for my internship, can you drop me off at Asphodel Laboratory on your way to Arshana?"

"Sure," I nodded. "When should I pick you up?"

"Oh, erm," Gauri avoided my gaze as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Omkara's going to pick me up."

I chuckled, shaking my head, "Is lover boy taking you out on a date?"

"It's our six month anniversary," she nodded. "When is your anniversary with Shivaay Bhaiya?"

Her question caught me off guard. "Erm, it passed already."

She nodded, "But when is it?"

Arre, Chutki, tujhe teri exams mein itna bhi interest nahi hain jitna meri dating life mein hain!

"Why do you want to know?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Kyun? You known mine. It's only fair I should know yours too!" She crossed her arms in front of herself. "Come on! Tell me na, Di!"

"Well it'll end up being our seventh month only," I replied hastily, walking towards the cupboard and getting my mug. "Nothing special. Six month is special. So is a year. Seventh is just there!"

"I don't care about that," Gauri pouted. She leaned her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her palms. "Aap nahi batayengi na? Thik hain!" My eyebrows furrowed as she typed on her phone. "Bade Bhaiya? I'm not bothering you am I?" She smiled sweetly.

Placing the cellphone on the kitchen counter, she pressed the speaker button. "Not at all Gauri," Mr. Oberoi's tone was less formal than I would've expected. "How may I be of help?"

"I had a question," Gauri glanced at me as I shook my head vehemently, eyes widened. "Di was refusing to answer it."

The shuffling of papers on the other end ceased. "I see," came his reply. "What sort of question?"