|| 21 ||

I snuggled deeper under the covers, hugging my pillow tightly, as a pretty melody played somewhere nearby

I snuggled deeper under the covers, hugging my pillow tightly, as a pretty melody played somewhere nearby. With each passing second, the sound became louder and louder—— until it had eventually changed from a pretty melody to mere racket.

Turning in my place, I brought the pillow over my head, which dimmed the noise—— albeit only for a few minutes, until the racket started once more, and this time even more loudly.

My eyes shot wide open, and I bolted upright.

Glaring at the alarm clock to my left, I got the snooze button, before closing my eyes for a few seconds.

As the ringing started once more, I glanced at the digital clock with narrowed eyes, my heart dropping to my stomach as I realised that I'd overslept.

Shit!

Shit!

Shit!

I jumped out of bed, nearly tripping over the covers, as I rushed to the bathroom. Taking a quick cold shower and brushing my teeth, I hurried out of the bathroom, and started packing the clothes I'd need for the week at Radha Maasi's.

A small smile played on my face as I packed a healthy amount of kurtis and jeans, as well as sarees. Knowing Radha Maasi, she was sure to take us to Ritwik's aunt's house.

And unlike Radha Maasi, Anaisha Aunty did not like girls my age wearing anything but sarees, salwar suits and anarkalis.

"Di?" I looked at the sleepy face of Gauri who poked her head through the door. "What's going on?" She placed a hand over her mouth as she yawned.

"I'm packing for Pune, Chutki," I smiled.

"But I thought you were going with Neha Didi tomorrow," Gauri yawned, mumbling the words out, in between. I arched an eyebrow at her, pointedly. "Oh, right," she muttered, yawning once more. Placing a hand over her mouth, she added, "Radha Maasi wanted you to go there earlier, for some reason."

"Precisely," I nodded, stifling my own yawn as my sister's sleepy state, tired me out even more.

"Do you have any idea, as to why?" My sister inquired.

"No," I shook my head. "Chutki, could you do me a favour and ready a flask of latte for me?"

Gauri frowned. "You hate coffee."

"I do," I nodded. "Lekin bohot neend aa rahi hain. I don't wish to fall asleep on the train, kiddo."

"Train?!" Gauri's sudden shriek made me startle, as I placed a hand above my heart which was beating furiously. "Why don't you take the car?"