|| 14 ||

I ran my fingers through my hair, before running the comb through to detangle them

I ran my fingers through my hair, before running the comb through to detangle them. My bedroom had been more or less tidied by yours truly last night to ensure I did not end of tripping or ruining my dress in the tornado of clothes in my bedroom.

A knock on the door disturbed my reverie and I walked towards the door of my bedroom, opening it to let in a worried Gauri who was muttering under her breath.

She pushed past me and plopped down onto my bed.

"Come in," I said drily.

Gauri looked up, throwing me an apologetic smile. "Sorry Di. It's just that I'm——" she paused before looking around with a frown. "Di, we are in our apartment, right?"

"Yeah." I replied, uncertain with where she intended to go with this line of questioning. "Why do you ask?"

"Nahi woh bas," Gauri mumbled. "Your room is usually very——"

"Yes?" I arched an eyebrow, crossing my arms and tapping my foot.

She smiled hastily, opening her mouth to say something that would pacify me, when my phone rang suddenly. Gauri glanced down at it on my bed, a corner of her lips twitching upwards before her mouth curved into a full blown grin.

"Billuji with a heart?" She grinned at me, grabbing my phone and jumping on my bed.

"Gauri! Give it back here!" I shouted, jumping onto my bed to grab it from her.

"No," she stuck out her tongue, jumping onto the floor. "Are you sure there's nothing cooking between the two of you?" She smirked.

"Shut up, bandaar," I rolled my eyes, finally managing to grab it from her. "Haan Billuji, boliye."

"Annika?" My eyes widened as Gauri's shoulders shook with laughter hearing Pinky Aunty's voice.

"P-P-Pinky Aunty? Aap?" I laughed nervously as my sister hunched over, walking over to her and hitting her with my pillow.

She grabbed one and buried her face in it to stop herself from laughing out loud.

As I glared at her to keep silent, Pinky Aunty's voice came through. "Yes, beta, it's me. Is it okay if I talk to you?"

"Of course Aunty," I replied hastily. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude. I was just surprise to hear you instead of Billuji—— I mean Shivaay."

"Hmm?" Pinky Aunty chuckled. "Oh yeah. Your Billuji is sulking."

On the other end, I heard a muffled, "Mom!"

"What? Chup! Why would I not tell Annika? You look so cute, Billu." I heard someone mutter something before Pinky Aunty addressed me once more. "Accha Annika. Beta, are you coming over to Oberoi Mansion to get ready alongside Gauri? I told my son to ask you but I guess he forgot."