|| 18 ||

"Mr

"Mr. Oberoi, give me your blazer!"

He looked at me, confused. "What? Why?"

"Mr. Oberoi, just give it to me right now," I looked at him in panic.

"Why——" he opened his mouth, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Shivaay! Give me the damn thing!" I grit out.

I didn't know if it was the glare in my eyes or the urgency in my tone, but he did it.

I rushed forward, past Pinky Aunty and Shakti Uncle—— both of whom were startled. Pinky Aunty called me, but I ignored her. "Annika, beta, what's wrong——"

I flung the blazer around Mallika's shoulders from the back. The woman startled and was about to turn around, but I gripped her shoulders tightly, and kept her in place.

"Don't move," I hissed under my breath.

"What are you——" she was about to turn, but stopped when she heard the sound of ripping fabric.

"Hold the lapels, Miss Chowdhury," I snapped at her, as I clutched the back of her dress over the blazer with my hands. I guided her away from the dance floor, hurrying towards a bedroom and swinging the door open. "Sit down," I jerked my chin towards the empty bed.

Her eyes narrowed, but she did as told.

A knock on the door made the two of us turn around to see Mr. Oberoi and Pinky Aunty slipping inside the room before closing the door behind them. Mr. Oberoi looked at us with a confused frown while Pinky Aunty's eyes darted suspiciously from Mallika to me.

"Shivaay, call Khannaji," I turned to my 'boyfriend' who frowned.

"What, why?" He asked in a puzzled tone.

"You'll see," I replied impatiently. "Just call him."

He exhaled in an annoyed breath but did as told. As soon as he stepped outside, Mallika turned to look at me with a glare.

"What are you trying to do?" Her nostrils flared in anger.

Pinky Aunty's eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth to retort but I shook my head subtly. Despite the clear disgruntlement, Pinky Aunty complied.

"Trying to ensure the fact that you don't embarrass yourself further than you already have, Miss Chowdhury," I replied coldly, looking at her with narrowed eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She frowned.

Was she being serious right now?!

"Are you going to pretend you know nothing about this?" I gestured to the dress underneath Mr. Oberoi's blazer.

"About what? My dress?" Her frown turned to one of puzzlement—— something which grated on my nerves.

"You're unbelievable!" I breathed out between derisive laughs.