|| 26 ||

I stared at Neha in puzzlement, as she threw my kurtis and anarkalis from the wardrobe and onto the bed

"Neha?" I said loudly, watching as she whirled around, eyes narrowed, as she looked at me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Trying to decide what outfit you should wear for the press conference," she replied.

"Press conference hain," I sighed. "Baaraat nahi."

"Nahi, woh toh Shivaay lekar ayega, right, Shivaay?" Neha looked at a point behind me with a grin, making me whirl around to face Mr. Oberoi who was dressed in a pair of green trousers and matching waistcoat, over a crisp white shirt.

"Pardon?" Mr. Oberoi frowned, glancing at me quizzically.

I shook my head, before turning to look at Neha. "I'll wear a top and jeans. End of discussion."

"Uhh, no," Neha shook her head. "Whatever you need to do, baby, you need to do it in style."

"You're talking to me about style?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Given your current state of dressing," she pointed at the black patiala pants and yellow T-shirt, "Yes." I gave her a saccharine smile, before grabbing a pillow from te bed and throwing it in her face. "I'm trying to help you out."

"Neha," I sighed. "Shut up." Grabbing a tube top in dark green with white straight trousers and a crocheted white coat, I hurried to the bathroom to change, leaving my 'boyfriend' alone in a room with my best friend.

Knowing Neha, she'd either threaten him or grill him about me to measure the extent of his devotion.

I sighed.

My best friend was crazy!

>>•<<

"Arre, wah," Neha grinned as I stepped out.

"I told you I know how to dress appropriately," I smirked.

"I wasn't talking about that," she grinned. "You're matching with Shivaay. How cute."

My eyes widened as I looked at Mr. Oberoi's arched eyebrow. A corner of his lips curved upwards, into a smirk.

"That was unintentional," I mumbled.

"Uh huh," Neha shrugged. "Sure." She turned to face Mr. Oberoi, "Have her and yourself back here in a few hours! Okay," she grabbed my arm and pushed towards Mr. Oberoi who grabbed my elbow to steady me as I bumped into him. "Enjoy, lovebirds." She grinned. "Well, not too much. We don't want you to be late for the press conference and in turn, returning back, huh?"

I stepped forward, and kicked her in the shin, making Neha pout. "We're getting late," I smiled, as she opened her mouth. Grabbing Mr. Oberoi's elbow, I led the man to the front porch, as he arched an eyebrow at me.