|| 10 ||

I sipped from the cup of coffee, me eyes scanning the document Mishra had forwarded—— as drafted by the marketing team for the launch of the new branch of Oberoi Steel Corps that Bade Papa wanted to gift Dad for New Year's

A knock on the door halted my process—— I looked up to see Bade Papa and Badi Maa standing with matching apologetic smiles on their faces.

"Badi Maa?" I stood up, "Bade Papa? Aap dono?"

"Are we not allowed to visit our son once in a while?" Badi Maa looked at me in amusement.

"Not at all," I replied hastily. "It's quite early in the morning for you two to be up."

"I think you forget I used to be a businesswoman who had to wake up at ungodly hours for press conferences overseas." Badi Maa chuckled.

"Ditto, but I'm still a buisnessman," Bade Papa nodded. "I'm not old enough to retire yet Shivaay." He glanced at Badi Maa with a frown, "I'm not that old, baby. Am I?"

"You want me to lie, or be truthful?" She grinned.

"Jaanu!" Bade Papa whined. He wrapped an arm around his wife, leaning forward to whisper in her ear. I turned away, shuffling on my feet awkwardly. Bade Papa's voice was loud and clear as he said, "Jo bhi ho. Stamina toh aaj bhi jawaani mein jaisa thi, waist hii hain, hain na?"

My eyes widened.

Lord, these two were far too affectionate.

I'd grown up seeing the devotion and love between these two like a fairytale story to be admired from a distance.

"Tej!" Badi Maa admonished her husband. "Shivaay is right there!"

"He doesn't mind," Bade Papa replied. "Do you mind, Shivaay?" His question made me look at him.

"Erm," I hesitated. "As long as it isn't in my room."

"This used to be my room back when I was in college," Bade Papa remarked casually. "Your Badi Maa and I made so many memories——"

TMI!

"Tej, shut up!" Badi Maa looked at me apologetically. "He's joking, Shivaay. This was just a guestroom."

I nodded, my widened eyes returning back to normal. "Kuch kaam tha?" I asked politely.

"Ah, somewhat," Badi Maa nodded. "Tej and I are gifting the newest branch of Oberoi Steel Corps to Shakti." She exchanged a look with Bade Papa.