|| 15 ||

I sipped from the cup of now-cold espresso as my eyes perused the documents in front of me

I sipped from the cup of now-cold espresso as my eyes perused the documents in front of me. Twirling the pen between my fingers, I hummed absentmindedly as my eyes fell onto the clock right above the decorative piece of a horse I'd been gifted by my ex-girlfriend.

A knock on the door disturbed my train of thoughts. I looked up to see my brothers looking at me with twin looks of annoyance.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Bhaiya, aap abhi bhi taiyyar nahi hue?" Rudy frowned.

"The party starts in an hour," I waved him off dismissively.

"You take the longest to get ready," Om's statement made me look at him pointedly. "After this dumbbell," he slapped the back of his brother's head.

"Hey!" Rudy protested with a pout, as he rubbed the back of his head. "Bhaiya!" Rudy singsonged, taking a seat on the bed and looking at me with a mischievous smile.

"What?" I replied drily.

"Are you going to colour co-ordinate with Annika Didi?" Rudy's question made me stop twirling the pen. As my grip loosened, it dropped onto the table. Om looked amused, despite the clear hesitance in his eyes.

"No," I rolled my eyes. "We're not that type of couple."

"There's nothing wrong with colour coordinating," Om's voice was far too defensive.

"Are you colour coordinating?" I smirked.

"Somewhat," he shrugged, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Is Gauri Didi wearing something white?" Rudy asked, puzzled.

"Navy blue and white," Om nodded.

"Is that why you're wearing white?" I pointed at his all white suit with a dark blue rose boutonnière. He nodded with a sheepish grin.

"What are you wearing?" Om asked as I stood up and closed the file.

As I walked towards the cupboard, and placed the file inside the safe, Rudra's voice teased, "Something black most probably."

"You know me so well," I replied drily as I turned around to face my brothers.

"Wait, saach mein?" Om frowned.

I still hadn't forgotten the disappointment he'd expressed regarding Miss Mehra and my fake dating.

"Black is a colour you cannot go wrong with," I shrugged. "Plus I look quite charming in black, I've been told."

"Aap aur charming?" Rudy snorted. "Choti Maa's compliment doesn't count." Om guffawed as our youngest brother grinned mischievously.

"Tum teeno yahan baatein kar rahe ho?" Badi Maa's disapproving tone made us turn to look at her with wide eyes. "Omkara, Rudra, I sent you two to make sure Shivaay was ready. Not to sit down and gossip."