|| 23 ||

As Neha grinned, hugging everyone in Ritwik's family, I stood beside Ritwik, who leaned against the decorative table near the door, rolling his eyes as his sisters gushed about how much they'd missed her

"Jealous?" I knocked my shoulder into his, wagging my eyebrows teasingly.

"Puh-lease," he rolled his eyes.

Grinning, I watched as Richa's eyes widened, and she grabbed Neha's hand, staring at the peach diamond ring around her ring finger. "NEHA DIDI! YOU ARE ENGAGED?!" Richa shrieked.

Ritwik and I exchanged amused glances as Rashi and Radha Maasi gushed over this newly revealed piece of information.

Neha's face was glowing—— I'd never seen her this ecstatic.

While Radha Maasi went to the kitchen to get some sweets, Kalpana Dadi blessed Neha who promised to forever be her one true love, even if she was getting married.

"Aap ho meri dream girl, Dadi," Neha winked.

"Badmaash," Kalpana Dadi twisted her ear, making her wince.

"Who are you engaged to, Neha Didi?" Rashi and Richa sat down beside one another as Neha took a seat opposite them. I flopped down to sit beside her and tucked my legs beneath me.

"Mihir Gupta," Neha replied.

"The hotshot lawyer?" Richa's eyes widened. As Ritwik arched an eyebrow at his sister, she shrugged, "He was a guest lecturer at our university last semester." Richa looked at Neha, "I didn't know my teacher was my future Jiju."

Neha rolled her eyes, "And knowing just how shy your Jiju is, it probably would've remained that way, had I not proposed to him."

I snorted in amusement.

"Chalo, muu mitha karo," Radha Maasi placed the box of sweets on the table in front of us.

Ritwik and I both grabbed a laddoo, forwarding it to Neha's lips.

"I'll feed her first," Ritwik declared.

"Uh, no," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Neha, you better eat the laddoo from my hands, first."

"I'm her favourite best friend," Ritwik stressed.

"And I'm the one she befriended first, so haat," I pushed his hand away, arching an eyebrow at Neha who opened her mouth. I grinned triumphantly for a moment, until Ritwik pushed my hand away. Neha closed her mouth, eyes widening in surprise at the sudden interruption.