☆ ~ CHAPTER 5

[REDACTED] couldn't get his mind off of what Finn almost said before ending the call. Was he about to say he loved him? His cheeks flushed slightly as he stared up at the ceiling in the darkness of his room.

   He turned over in bed, grabbing his phone, having an urge to message Finn. He just took a heavy breath, turning on his phone and opening Instagram. Clicking on his DMs and opening the one with Finn, it currently saying he's offline.

[REDACTED] (@[USERNAME]): "hiii u up?"

   [REDACTED] stared at his phone for a few moments, no reply. He just sighed and shut it off, he was about to turn over when he got a familiar ding from his phone and he seemed a little too happy. He grabbed at his phone once again, reading the message from Finn.

Finn Wolfhard (@finnwolfhardofficial) ✓: "hi yeah I am, why?"
[REDACTED] (@[USERNAME]): "I dunno, I just miss talking to you."
Finn Wolfhard (@finnwolfhardofficial) ✓: "haha okay, you wanna call then? You can talk me to sleep."
  ❤️ By @[USERNAME]!
[REDACTED] (@[USERNAME]): "I can say the same to you"
  💞 By @finnwolfhardofficial!

      INCOMING CALL...

   [REDACTED] accepted the call the happy, but tired, face of Finn showing up on his screen, he felt tingly inside. Of course, he'd had a celebrity crush on Finn beforehand, but now it felt different now that he knew him personally. It felt like a real, actual crush, and not a celebrity one.

"Hiii?"

   Finn's sleepy voice snapped [REDACTED] out of his thoughts and he smiled slightly. "Hiii." He said in a tired tone, wanting to go to bed, but he couldn't get Finn off of his mind. "You sound super tired." Finn pointed out, and the other boy huffed slightly. "Really? I had no idea." He said with a soft yawn as he smiled at Finn.

   "But yeah, I just can't sleep, I got stuff on my mind." He mumbled as he set up his phone slightly, just staring into the screen. He was admiring Finn in a way as Finn shifted in bed. "Yeah yeah, same, I've been thinking about this one person a lot." Finn said with a nod of acknowledgement. Slight jealousy brewed within [REDACTED].

   But then again, slight hope also was there. What if he was thinking of him just as he was? "Yeah yeah, that's funny because my thoughts are of someone too." [REDACTED] said in agreement with a soft nervous laugh. Finn looking curious for a second but not asking about it.

   "I like talking to you." Finn suddenly said bluntly after a few moments of silence. "What?" [REDACTED] said, slightly confused. "I don't know, it's weird, it's like, I always wanna talk to you." Finn went on with a soft laugh escaping him. "Yeah yeah, I understand, I like talking to you too, and I feel the same way." [REDACTED] said as he felt his cheeks burn up slightly.

   "I think it'd be nice to just, y'know meet you someday so we couldn't communicate online." [REDACTED] said, and Finn nodded in agreement, seeming more tired. "I'm sorry I'm so sleepy." Finn apologized with a slight yawn, and [REDACTED] smiled slightly, it was nice seeing him in a more natural light.

   "Do you wanna hang up? We called later than usual, and it's fine, we were talking earlier." [REDACTED] said, yawning himself, and Finn shook his head. "No no, I like being on call with you." He said as he rubbed his eyes and the other boy nodded. The call quickly fell silent, but sometimes it was a comforting silence. It was calming in a way, no awkward tension or anything.

  It was nice. [REDACTED] liked it. Until it was ruined by Finn's soft snores from falling asleep, [REDACTED] smiled, it was expected. He just shifted in bed slightly into a more comfortable position, not bothering to hang up the call as he just got lost in his thoughts until falling asleep.

660 words

AJDJDKD sorry if this chapter is bad, I'm running out of ideas :,3