Chapter 3 Part 1: The Lies You Tell

As Khloe and Charm left the hotel room side by side, Khloe couldn't help but feel anxious. 

"Charm, should we really be walking together like this?" she asked him.

 "I don't see why we can't." he said back. 

"Are you sure?" Charm stopped walking and turned to Khloe.

"I bet your anxious about possible rumors, but rumors come and go. Don't worry too much." he rest assured her. 

Khloe felt a slightly better and they continued to walk to the lobby. As they reached downstairs, a rush of people ran up to them.

"Charm! Charm! Is it true you and this girl are dating?" asked one reporter.

 "Charm! How do you think your fans would feel?" asked another. 

The lights were too much for Khloe. She shielded her face from the flashing lights. Charm noticed that Khloe was uncomfortable, so he tried to shoo away the swarm. 

"No, we are not dating. We're just really good friends." he said to them.

 Khloe was slightly surprised at her reaction. She felt a little hurt but didn't understand why.

"He's been being a jerk to me, so why do I feel bad?" she asked herself. Unfortunately, Charm's answer only made them ask more questions.

 "Are you really just friends or are you saying that to the camera?" said a man around Charm's age.

 "Excuse me?" Charm asked.

The man walked up to Charm and repeated what he had said. "I said, are you really just friends or are you saying that to the camera?" 

Charm pulled Khloe behind him and answered, "Yes, we're just friends. What's it to you?

"The guy just smiled and said, "Don't worry about it."

The guy walked off and everyone stood silence. They didn't understand what just happened, but Charm did. Every vein in Charm's neck and hands were popping out. He tugged on Khloe's arm. "Let's go."

A few minutes of walking, Charm and Khloe stopped near an Italian restaurant. It was called, "Luigi's Pasta". 

Khloe looked at Charm and said, "Do you want to eat there?" 

She pointed at the restaurant and Charm nodded yes. "I just need to make a quick phone call." he told her.

"Okay." Charm walked into an alley and called his mysterious caller. 

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked them.

 "Charm, we were meant to be together. Why can't you see that?" said the mysterious caller. 

"No, we're not. Stay away from us!" he yelled. "Us?" said the caller.

"Yes. US" said Charm. 

"Weren't you the one that called me asking for a place to stay?" yelled the caller. 

"Yes, but that was a mistake. I'm sorry to have bothered you." 

He hung up the phone and went back to Khloe. "Are you okay?" she asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine." They walked into the restaurant and their server sat them down. 

"Hi! My name is Maddie. Can I get you two anything?" she asked them. 

"Can I get a water?" asked Khloe.

"Of course! And for you, sir?" 

Charm scanned the menu and said, "I'll get red wine." 

Maddie nodded her head. "May I get your ID, please?"