Chapter 3 Part 3: The Lies You Tell

"Why is Kristal acting like that?" Khloe asked herself.

"Did I do something to hurt her?"

Khloe walked away with discomfort and confusion. She walked downtown near the mall. Her thoughts continued to repeat over and over.

"I shouldn't  focus too much on it. She was probably having a really bad morning."

Khloe convinced herself that nothing was wrong. Deep down inside, she knew something was wrong, but she didn't know what.

She didn't go to the mall like she usually would. She chose to go a different route and explored more of Las Vegas. As she walked further down, she saw everything she was missing.

There were mini businesses everywhere. There were bakeries, clothing stores, pawn shops, and some much more. As Khloe went venturing out, I she couldn't help but to feel helpless.

"I have to let this go. This is my vacation and I'm going to enjoy it to the max." she told herself.

Khloe walked into different store trying on cute yet simple outfits. The first outfit was an all white floral dress with white high heels. The second outfit was a sunflowers dress with yellow high heels.

"Excuse me?" said an old woman.

"Sorry to bother you, but I have to say you look very beautiful!" said the old woman.

"Thank you so much!" Khloe exclaimed. Surprisingly, the lady's compliment really brought up her day. She felt special not for anyone, but herself.

"Wait, I know you! You're that kind lady that let me buy that black dress." she said.

"Haha, yes! My name is Emma." said Emma.

"My name is Khloe." she replied back.

"I can't help but notice, with the way you're trying to doll up, you must have a boyfriend." stated Emma.

"Oh, forgive me! Maybe a girlfriend, I'm trying to keep up with the times here."

Khloe laughed, "No, I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I'm just shopping for me."

"Well, then. I think you should go with the second one. So beautiful, but deadly." Emma pointed at the sunflower dress.

"I was thinking that too." Khloe went to the cashier and bought the outfit.

"Here, take this."

Emma pulled out one of her shopping bags and handed Khloe a white hat with a solid yellow stripe.

"Oh no! I can't take this!" Khloe said.

"Haha! It's fine, dear. It will look perfect with your outfit!"

Khloe gratefully took the hat and waved goodbye to Emma. "That was so kind of her." she thought. Khloe pulled out her phone and checked the time.

"Oh, it's 3:45pm! I think I'll head back to the hotel."Back at the cafe, Kristal was in the break room crying.

"I'm so sorry, Khloe!" she cried out.

Her hands were covering her eyes. They were soaked with tears and sadness. Suddenly, Kristal's phone was vibrating on the seat next to her. It was her boss.

She quickly wiped her tears and answered the phone. "Why did you keep me waiting?" said her boss.

"I'm sorry." she said, softly.

"Is it done?" asked her boss.

"Yes. Khloe walked out of the cafe and is in the downtown area." reported Kristal.

"Good, I don't want you to think I'm the monster here. If she would have minded her own business then you and her could have been friends. Okay?" said Kristal's boss.

"Alright." replied Kristal. As she was about to hang up the phone, her boss stopped her.

"Wait a second. I know about your family's financial problems, I'll send you $2000." said her boss.

"I can't accept that! They're going to get suspicious, you know how they are." exclaimed Kristal.

"Fine. I'll send it in 4 checks."

Kristal hung up the phone. "I hope you won't do anything too crazy, Isabella."

In the states, in the highest office of the NYT building, Khloe's problem was at her boiling point about to explode.

"That little brat! How dare she take what's mine!" yelled Isabella.

"Charm is my partner. He's my fiancée!" She slammed everything that was on her desk onto the floor. When she was done, her office was flipped upside down.

She grabbed her phone and dialed a number. "Stacy! Come in here, now!" she yelled as she slammed the phone down. A minute or two later, Stacy was at her office.

"Okay, okay. Cool your head off, there's no need to yell."

Stacy walked around Isabella's mess. "What happened in here?" He asked Isabella.

"That girl happened. She's trying to take Charm from me." Isabella fumed.

"Calm down, baby sis." said Stacy.

"Don't worry, no one can take Charm from you. I won't let that happen." he rest assured her.

"For now, don't do anything. We don't need what happened last time to happen again, do we?" he asked her.

"No." she said, blankly.

"Great! I'll have someone pick up this mess." Stacy clapped his hands together and put on his best smile.

As he walked out the room, his smile dropped to a threatening stare. He walked away from Isabella's office and into the elevator.

He pressed the 15th floor, exactly 5 floors below Isabella's. He was walked to the end of the hallway and into his office. He sat down on his chair that was facing the windows. He could see all of New York from his spot. He loosened his tie and made a call.

The phone was ringing for quite some time before the person answered.

"Hello?" said the person.

"Hannah, it's Stacy." Hannah stood quiet.

"I'll get to the point. Isabella is doing it again." he told her.

"Give that girl Charm is seeing a warning." he ordered Stacy.

"What would I say? Someone is telling you to back off or they'll kill you?" Hannah finally said.

"I don't know! Think of something and make it quick. Isabella is at the marking point." he warned her.

"You need to get your sister some help. This is getting out of control." Hannah expressed to Stacy.

"I know, but please this is the last time." She hung up the phone and sent Stacy a message.

"You said that last time. Look what happened then."