Chapter 4 Part 1: The Past

2 Years Ago:

Before Khloe had an opportunity to work as an intern writer, she worked at an Amazon warehouse. She was the person to load all of the orders into the truck. Along with her coworkers/friends. Khloe was loading the last few orders onto the truck when her friend Nichole called her over.

"Hey Khloe!" said Nichole.

"What's up, Nic?" said Khloe as she walked over.

"I don't want to make it seem like I'm being a hater or anything, but please get your friend Isabella under control." said Nichole.

"Why? What happened?" asked Khloe.

"Well, we were doing our regular pickups and she comes walking up to us," Nichole told Khloe.

"She was looking for you, but I was trying to tell her that you were off, but she wouldn't listen to me. This is what she said word for word," Nichole said.

"Well, Khloe doesn't take days off. If she's mad at me she could just tell me, instead of sending her underlings to tell me." stated Nichole.

Khloe's face was in utter shock. She knows that Nichole is not one to lie and she says she has witnesses to prove it.

"I have never heard her talk like that to anyone. I'm so sorry, let me go talk to her." said Khloe.

"Wait! One more thing." Nichole put her hand in front of Khloe to stop her from rushing into trouble.

"You have to be careful. Isabella has to be going through something,"

"If she says something weird, excuse yourself as fast as possible." Nichole warned Khloe and she heard her loud and clear.

"I will." she nodded her head and headed over to Isabella's office. She talked to her accountant and she told Khloe that Isabella was in a meeting. She told Khloe to sit down and wait for her to finish.

After a few minutes of waiting, Isabella was walking over to Khloe. "Hey, bestie!" Isabella shouted, excitedly.

"What are you doing over here?" she asked Khloe.

She got up from her chair and turned to Isabella. "Well, I took a break and came to see you." Khloe said.

Isabella raised both her hands slightly and dropped them back down.

"I'm right here. So, what's up?" she asked her.

"Nothing, I heard you wanted to see me. I was off the other day." Khloe told her. Isabella looked around like she was confused about something.

"I didn't want to see you. I've been stuck in meetings all week." she told her.

"What? Nichole told me that you were looking for me."

Khloe said in disbelief that she would actually lie about something so simple. Isabella rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Nichole was probably lying. She maybe wanted to start something between the two of us."

"Why would she do something like that?" Khloe asked Isabella.

"I don't know. Maybe she was just jealous of our friendship?" Isabella said.

Khloe was super confused about the whole situation.

"First, Nichole tells me Isabella is looking for me. Now, Isabella is telling me that she made the whole thing up." she thought to herself.

"Khloe, for real, watch out for Nichole. I know you think you know her, but she seems really fake to me." Isabella told Khloe.

"What?" she said in a confused tone.

"Hey, I don't want to seem like I'm being the bad guy. I'm just trying to tell you how it is." Isabella said, calmly.

"Okay, I guess." Khloe said.

"Well, I have to get back to work. Call later?" she asked Isabella.

"Yeah, I'll call you later." Isabella nodded.

Khloe walked out of the building and went around the corner. Isabella walked over to her accountant and grabbed her hair.

"Why did you let her in?" she asked her.

"I'm so sorry. I just started today and didn't know she wasn't allowed in here." said the sobbing accountant.

Isabella pulled her hair harder and said, "Now you know, so don't do it again." She let go of her hair and patted her hands.

"Isabella?"

She turned around to see Khloe right there. "Oh hey! What's wrong?" she asked her.

"Nothing, I just left my phone. Is she okay?" Khloe pointed to the crying accountant behind her desk.

"Yeah, she got some bad news is all. I'm giving her the day off." Isabella said.

"Hey, sweetie! You can go, I'm so sorry."

The accountant quickly picked up all her things and ran out of the building. "Take all the time you need!" yelled Isabella before she fully left. Khloe looked to her right and back away.

"Well, I really have to go to work now." she said.

"Bye!" replied Isabella.

"Hey you! Make sure that accountant gets a permanent day off." she said to one of the workers before walking off.

As Khloe was walking back to the warehouse, she couldn't get walk she saw out of her head. "That's so weird. She went from scary to nice within seconds." she thought.

"There's no way Nichole was lying."

She continued to walk until she reached the front door of the warehouse.

"I still have a job to do, so I'll have to ponder on that one for later." she said. Back in her office, Isabella was sitting in her chair.

"Ugh!! That girl Khloe is everywhere!" she said in a disgusting voice.

"I'm pretty sure she saw the whole thing." Isabella got up and made herself some coffee.

"It doesn't matter anyways. It's not like she's going to do anything." she shrugged her shoulders and sat back down.

"She always wants to be little miss perfect. Perfect personality, perfect attitude, always helpful, and the list goes on and on," said Isabella mocking Khloe's voice.

"Well, Miss Perfect needs a perfect job. That's one thing she'll never have." She took a sip of her coffee. "Hmph! I'll make sure of that."

Why Isabella had it out for Khloe was not clear. She always made sure to keep Khloe in that same spot, working the same job. That's was until the incident that changed both of their lives only 1 year later.