Chapter 7 Part 3: Golden Days

The next morning, Charm woke up to Khloe's sleeping face. He smiled at her and gave her a small kiss on the lips. "Good morning, love." he told a still sleeping Khloe. He decided to lay back down next to her. He turned to face, and Khloe scooted closer to him. She snuggled on his chest and put an arm around him.

He laughs quietly, "I can't let an opportunity like this pass up." He grabbed his phone from the nightstand and opens the camera app. He takes a few pictures and smiles at them, "Perfect." He looked at Khloe once and decided to take one final picture.

As he swipes to look for the camera app, he swipes too hard and the phone slips from his hands. It falls flat on Khloe's face and wakes her up. She takes the phone off her face and gives Charm a death glare. He started to laugh uncontrollably which makes Khloe laugh as well.

"Why are you laughing with me, you weirdo?" he says in between laughs.

"I don't know." Khloe mouths. She was laughing so hard, so couldn't breath.

After they stopped laughing, Khloe and Charm are laying together having a conversation about birthdays. "I'm telling you Sweet 16's are better than Sweet 15's." Khloe told Charm.

"There's no way. Sweet 15's have a better ring to it." Charm told her.

"Are you kidding? Sweet 16's have a better ring and also it's more traditional." Khloe argued back.

"Are you sure you're not a lawyer?" Charm asked her to give into defeat.

They laughed a little and a sudden thought popped up in Charm's head. "I just realized that I don't know your birthday."

"That is true. I don't know yours either." she told Charm.

"Well, mines happened a few days ago. June 16th." he told her.

"Mines is July 6th." Khloe told Charm.

"Are you kidding me?" he said getting up quickly.

"What?" Khloe asked him also getting up.

"That's 3 days from now!" he said.

"Oh, is it? I don't remember my birthday unless someone tells me about it." Khloe confessed.

"That's horrible." Charm said looking completely dumbfounded.

Khloe shrugged her shoulder and Charm rolled his eyes. They decided to just get ready for the day since they were already up. Once they were finished, they sat on the couch. Charm laid on Khloe's lap while she lends back on the couch. "What should we do today?" she asked him.

"Oh! I know!" he said after thinking for a while.

"What?" she asked.

"We should go to the beach." he told her.

"I didn't know there was a beach in Las Vegas." she told him.

"There isn't. I heard about it during my interview yesterday. It's about 2 hours away from Las Vegas. Do you want to go?" he asked her.

"Yes!" Khloe said, excitedly. "Can we go to the store first? I need to get a swimsuit." she told him.

"Don't you mean bikini?" he asked her.

"No? I only wear one-piece swimsuits." she told Charm.

"Aw. I don't want you to-" he stopped talking mid-sentence. "You said you only wear one-piece swimsuits?" he asked her one more time. She nodded her head to confirm that he heard her right. Charm got up and started dancing. "Amen!" He went to Khloe and gave her a kiss.

"Thank you, my amazing girlfriend! Now, no other man can look at you but me!" he said. She started laughing and gave him a kiss. She pulled away and looked at him. "Let's go to the beach." Charm smiled and the two left the Bed & Breakfast. After getting everything they made need for the beach, the two hit the road. 

"I like this. My amazing boyfriend taking me on a trip." Khloe said. 

"I like this too. Do you want to listen to some music?" he asked her. 

"Yes, please." Khloe nodded. Charm opened the Spotify app using his driving wheel and pulled out a playlist. "BTS?" he asked her. 

"BTS!" Khloe said with 1000% percent of her approval. 

They listened to some of their songs like Boys with Luv, Fire, Life Goes On, and more. Then, they decided to go a little deeper and put on Giveon. After listening to music for 1 hour, Khloe fell asleep. Charm chuckled and started humming to a song that he heard from Park Jimin from BTS.

"Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'm what you want not what you need. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things." After another hour, Charm woke up Khloe. "Hey, Beautiful. We're here." She opened her eyes and stretched. Charm got out the car and took everything out. Khloe wanted to help him, but he wouldn't let her. 

She pouted playfully and Charm handed her the lightest bag he could feel. The picked a secluded spot and settled down. They laid down and played a few games, then they decided to build a huge sandcastle. They went to the big restaurant that was near the beach and had hamburgers. After waiting for a little while, they went inside the ocean. 

They played around, jumped when the waves hit, and let themselves get pushed away when other waves hit. After being in the ocean after a few hours, the decided it was time to go back to Las Vegas. They picked up their area after they were dry and headed back to Charm's car. The put everything in the truck, and Khloe drove them back. 

Once they reached the Bed & Breakfast, they were beat. They were so tired; they didn't even want to shower. They had to though, the salt and sand in their hair told them too. After the two took their shower, they headed straight for bed. They got nice and comfortable, but then the knock on the door came. It was like the lord didn't want them to sleep. 

Charm got up from the bed and opened the door. He saw both Emma and John at their door, "Is this a bad time?" they asked. 

"Um, no. What's going on?" he asked them. They looked at each other and they told him to sit down. He sat on the bed next to Khloe and they sat on the couch. 

"We couldn't take hiding it anymore." Emma finally said. 

"Hiding what?" Charm and Khloe asked, confused. 

"You're our grandson, Charm." John blurted out. 

"What? I don't have any grandparents." he said. 

"Your mom, Juila, was our daughter. We lost touch after a few years, but before she died, she reached out to us. She said that she had adopted a son, and that we should come see you. The news was all so sudden that we didn't know what to do. " Emma explained. 

"I hope you can forgive us." John said. Charm stood quiet and Khloe grabbed his hands. She looked at Charm but couldn't tell what he was feeling. "There's nothing to forgive. Mom told I didn't have any grandparents. I would like to keep it that way." he told them. 

They nodded their head and left the room. Charm laid down and so did Khloe. "Charm?" she said softly. Hearing her voice, Charm broke down into tears. "Why didn't they want to see me?" he asked. "Why did it take them so long?" he asked her. 

"I don't know why it took them so long, but I know that they feel guilty. You don't have to accept them, but you need to forgive them. You don't want this to happen, and you regret your decision in the future." Khloe told him. 

"Okay."