Chapter II: A Change in Destiny; Slavery and Salvation

In a period of several months, the boys had faced many trials. Because of the Bluejam incident, Sabo has come to live with the three other boys. Grandpa Garp has come and gone sporadically, beating on the boys with his "Fists of Love" in his efforts to toughen them up and beat their pirating dreams from their skulls. Didn't work, but it did make the four boys grow in their observation and hiding skills, even if they never could hide from Garp. During this time, Ace has open enough to reveal his accursed heritage of being the son of the late Pirate King Gol D. Roger. Luffy only got stars in his eyes, and Kit could care less. He even laughed at how serious Ace acted about this fact. Ace was not amused. Kit then told the three that being Gold Roger's son couldn't be much worse than being the nephew of his equally abhorred first mate Silvers Rayleigh and son of "Reaper's hand" Silvers Lilith. The navy seemed pretty antsy about any sort of blood relationship in his opinion. Plus, his dad's not exactly the most loved guy either. Sometime later, Sabo was forced to reveal his noble lineage, much to his shame, but the boys did not care. They were brothers.

Shortly after these revelations, Sabo faced separation from his brothers because of his noble family and the Bluejam Pirates. Shortly thereafter, the Grey Terminal burned on the orders of the royal family of the Goa Kingdom. Sabo managed to escape his noble family during the night of the fire. Heartsick of the corruption of his fellow nobles, Sabo decided to set sail early. He nearly died when the visiting Celestial Dragon ordered fire on his small pirate ship. Ace, Luffy, and Kit were all too glad (and angry) when a mysterious man dropped off an injured Sabo several weeks after the incident.

The boys now have long since vacated the residence of the mountain bandits once Sabo recovered and live in their own treehouse within the forest. This morning, the shadow of a ship looms over the horizon. With it, an aura of fear and menace pulses.

Kitsune

Kit groans as he slowly regains consciousness. One moment, he and his brothers had a few boars cooking on a fire, next thing he knows a whole lot of blackness. Did someone knock on his head? Peering around, Kitsune's confusion dissipates, replaced by a wave of apprehension and fear. His brothers and he had chains shackling them. His chains had an odd blue sheen, and he felt so tired. Luffy's handcuffs looked about the same. Ace laid against the wooden wall opposite to him, left of Sabo, and right of Luffy. One by one, the three other boys woke to this nightmare.

The door next to Kit slams open. A skinny and bedraggled man stands in the doorway.

"Well, my sleeping beauties have awaken. Hope you enjoy the accommodations since you will remain like this until we arrive in Sabaody. Some very nice people will certainly appreciate such fine slaves," mocked the cruel man.

Sabo's eyes nearly pops out of his head. Ace' glare tries to melt the man where he stood. Luffy only looks in confusion, the beginning of sobs shaking his little body.

Ahh...Now I remember. When we were settling down for lunch near the forest's coast line a bunch of thugs came out from the bushes. Ace, Sabo, and Luffy naturally attacked first, asked questions too late. Those men just smacked them down with their clubs and swords. Luffy tried Gum-Gum pistol but missed and knocked himself to the ground. Those men leered, and I sprang into action from my hiding spot in the tree. I think I landed a few good scratches before one of them wrapped an odd chain around me and all my strength fled. A club entered my vision at the same time I saw more striking down on my brothers. Then nothing.

Kit crinkled his brow in apprehension as he consider how strong these guys were to deal with boys that hunted monstrous giant beasts for their meals. The man-slaver-must have caught the tensing of Ace who looked near murderous.

"Don't even think about trying anything. Those chains on the oldest and youngest are seastone, the strongest material in the world and like the name suggests, carries the power of the sea. Those two won't be causing any problems, wouldn't you two say?" With that, the slaver cruelly kicks the now sobbing Luffy and smacks Ace for good measure.