Chapter XXV: The Deal P.3 - East Blue

East Blue

Kitsune

After three years, we've come back, reminisced Kit. His brothers leaned on the railings alongside him. In a few minutes, Dawn Island would be in view.

"Shishishi! We'll be able to Dadan and Makino and everyone!" giggled Luffy.

"Hey, guys shouldn't we contact Pops and everyone?" piped Sabo.

"Hm, do you think Marco cooled down from our last correspondence?" added Kit.

The fox grimaced as he recalled that call the boys had sent just after they left Marineford.

"Hey boys. You guys doing okay? Garp isn't being that hard on you is he?" demanded Marco. The phoenix certainly must have worried about them if his voice gave any indication.

"Hey Pineapple Head," chirped Kit. Times like these called for a little humor. "We all survived Marineford. We even saw Impel Down on our way there-"

"WHAT?!" Kit could hear a struggle on the other side of the transponder snail. Sabo quirked an eyebrow, and Ace smirked.

"Sorry about Marco," said the fourth division commander jovially. "I guess he still has some mama bird issues." Kit's smirk deepened as he could clearly hear an audible smack in the background. He heard the rustle of someone else picking up the transponder snail.

"GURARARA! So you boys like seeing Impel Down and Marineford?" asked Pops. Evidently, the first and fourth commanders were still arguing in the background if the faint shouting of curses was any indicator.

"Impel Down was a scary place!" piped in Luffy. "Gramps wouldn't let us see inside it, but the place was gigantic. He was escorting some idiot rookies that tried to ambush us on the way to Arineord-"

"MAR-ine-FORD," corrected Ace. He cuffed their idiotic brother on his head. Luffy rubbed his head – more on reflex than in pain – before continuing.

"Ow, Ace, quit hitting me. Anyways, Pops, Marineford was awesome. We saw all these weird people. Gramps made us stay for two days. He had Cranky Pants watch us."

"The guy looked like he swallowed a lemon," muttered Ace. Kit heard Pops laugh at this.

"Bogard," enunciated Kit, "was kind enough to put up with the four of us for two days. He gave a tour of Marineford town and the naval base. We met some pretty strong looking guys there – but none as strong as you guys of course."

"Damn straight!" joked Thatch in the background.

"You should have seen some of the people we met! Shishishi! I don't like seagull man much, but Sleepy Mask was pretty cool. He had devil fruit powers and could ride a bike over the water! There was the old yellow guy who ate with us. He was really weird. I really didn't like the angry Akeenu guy, though. He was really scary, scarier than even Bluejam or Teach."

Silence on the other end. Kit took this as his cue to translate Luffy-speak.

"We incidentally met with Fleet Commander Sengoku during the first day's tour of the naval base – the seagull man. The morning after, Admiral Aokiji – Sleepy Mask – was riding his bike through the bay and onto the docks while we were checking out some of the ships. He didn't seem too bad of a guy. During lunch, Admiral Kizaru randomly decided to sit with Bogard and us during lunch. I don't have much of an opinion on him. I couldn't read him very well, and neither could Ace or Sabo. Luffy appeared rather indifferent. Akeenu, that would be A-KAIN-u, we ran into when we kind of got lost in the naval base."