Chapter XXX: Epilogue

East Blue

Kitsune

The blue and gold flames of Marco as he soared into the sky...Thatch chasing four young boys onto the deck...A large man towering over everyone else, a mug in one hand, a bisento in the other, and a great laugh rumbling around to encompass all his children...The smiling faces of a black haired teen with muscles just developing, the formal stance of a blonde, and the sight of a gangly raven hanging upside-down from the mast... "See you in East Blue, my captain."

The young man smiled in his sleep. The bright sun shone overhead. He stretched his arms above his head, sweeping long band from his face. Three years since Kit last visited his family. He called every week like clockwork, but the fox didn't feel any reason to return. Not when he had a goal, if not the beginning of a dream, coming together. Kitsune had stayed under the radar of the World Government, stealthily sneaking onto marine vessels when the mood suited and when he wanted some more concrete information on current events. The fox had never lagged in his training. He traveled to from the quietest corners of the seas to the roughest patches of ocean in the four Blues. And not once had his final words to Luffy ever completely left his mind.

Luffy's birthday was today. And that means somewhere on this stretch of ocean, Kit would meet his brother.

A/N: Thank you all, loyal readers, for reviewing, following, voting, and even so much as reading this story. I will love to hear your input on whether or not to continue this story in a sequel. If so, where in East Blue should the two brothers meet and when? What position would Kitsune fill? All of your support had really pushed me to finish this story, so thank you sincerely for fueling my creative energies. I will begin work on my sequel when I get sufficient input/drafting, but I think I might first look to other stories I have in the works first. Thanks, once more. Bibliophile030 signing out.