Chapter XV: Practice Makes Perf - Ouch!

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I finished this story before the summer ended, but Wattpad started acting too infuriating for me to successfully publish anything. The story is complete and I had uploaded every chapter for this site. Thank you for your patience and support. I have the sequel available and developing on fanfiction.net if anyone is interested. It will probably be awhile before I begin to upload chapters to this site as well. Oh, and I will change the title of this to match the other one shortly. Thank you once more for reading this little project.

Moby Dick

Edward Newgate

"So do you think you can meet with us at the island?"

"Of course. I may not look like much, but I still have plenty of spirit to make the trip. To think my little nephew and his brothers had grown so much. It'll be nice to see them all."

"No problems at all with the plan?"

"Bah. It's not like an old retired man like me has much to do nowadays. The Great Pirate Era is a young man's time to seize all that the world has to offer. Who am I to deny the next generation?"

"Gurararara! Still have that cheekiness, like that Roger brat. We'll meet in two weeks' time."

"Two weeks at Moirai."

Two weeks

Moirai Island

Kitsune

"Luffy!" So much pressure building in my chest. My little brother downed by a shot. Ace and Sabo about to be overwhelm...Can't move...Can't protect them... No... "No!"

The sudden scream from Kit startled Luffy who had cuddled with his older brother sometime during the night.

"Kit?"

"Go back to bed, Luffy. I'm alright."

"No! You keep getting nightmares. You fell asleep while you were walking along the railings! You almost drowned!"

"Don't worry so much, Anchor. Namur rescued me, did he not? Besides, the Whitebeard Pirates have plenty of other people who fetch devil fruit-users all the time, especially you."

"Yeah...but-"

"Why are you guys awake?" grumbled a sleepy Sabo. Ace mumbled a bit before his eyes snapped open. "It's not even dawn, yet."

"Kit had a nightmare."

"Luffy! It's not that big of a deal. Just a bit of a night scare. We should all get some more sleep."

"Not really much of a point. I overheard the navigators report that we'll reach the island about an hour before dawn." Sabo rubbed his eyes.

Kit groaned, before flopping back in the bed. He had woken everyone up again. They're just some stupid memories. Nothing happened to us. My brothers lived through our first real battle, chanted Kit in his mind.

Weeks had passed since the battle. Kit's haki kept knocking people over randomly throughout the day. It was nowhere near the devastating effect during the last battle, but at least half a dozen pirates fell over each day from small spurts of haki. Marco, Thatch, his brothers, Pops - they all reassured him, telling him that it was not his fault, he just needed some proper training. Pops instructed him to relax, that his riled emotions kept triggering the use of his haki. Everyone tried to help but to no avail. The main trouble Kit had was not keeping his emotions in check while aware; he lost control only when he slept. And his sleep attacks had increased in frequency.