The Light Between Two Oceans

November 8th 2024
Kansas City, Missouri

Seeing your girlfriend bathe in the glory of her blood pooling out from beneath her was something Travis Kelce had never wished to set his eyes upon in his entire life. And yet here he was. Watching as Taylor's lifeless body lulled in and out of consciousness in front of him on the white tilled bathroom floor.

"NO NO NO, Taylor." He shouted, rushing ver to where she had been laying, almost slipping over as his sock covered feet met the shiny yet deathly slippery tiled flooring. He pulled her up against his body, pulling off his jumper to mop up the blood that was continuing to pour out. He knew that no matter how bad things were, he valued his life greatly and knew that Taylor would most certainly kill him if she knew he had ruined their expensive white cotton towels from Singapore that she had personally monogramed for the pair of them by using them to mop up her own blood bath. Travis couldn't comprehend how she was still loosing blood. It already looked like she had bled to death.

"Tay, tay, tay, wake up. Please wake up, wake up, wake up. Come back." He was slapping against her cheek, a pathetic attempt to get her to wake up. But it didn't work. None of it work. Travis didn't know what exactly it was that he was meant to do. No part of his life and upbringing had prepared him for this. All he knew was that he wasn't going to let Taylor bleed to death, and lose their baby on their bathroom floor. She couldn't lose another one. It had to be ok. It had to.

Ringing an ambulance would be futile, it would be useless. No, it would be much quicker for him to drive her straight to the hospital. He called the hospital ahead of time as he frantically ran around the house top to bottom, flinging on his shoes, which did not for some reason match but were at least on the right feet. He grabbed a towel that he used to use for when he had his dogs previously and laid it out along the back seat of the car, choosing to take one of Taylor's range rovers with the tinted windows. He really didn't want this to get out to the press.

Slipping on a pair of his old sweatpants onto her, Travis pulled Taylor up and into his arms, bridal style, carrying her in the most graceful way possible as he took the stairs three at a time, nearly falling down as Meredith decided now would be a great time to execute one of her murder attempts. In these times she would hide in a corner off the stairs, where it curved around into the downstairs area. There would still be quite a few steps to go down before you reached the bottom however as they had learnt the hard way, there was a blind spot. And here Meredith would hide and then jump out when you least expect it.

"Seriously mer, now is not the time." He mused, watching as the cat strutted away, saddened at her unsucsessfull attempt at household domination. With the humans gone, Meredith could rule. She was forgetting the one factor that was that she relied on these humans for her reliable daily food deliveries but that was by the by.

He gently slide her onto the back seat, knowing that it would be nicer than cramming her into the front passenger seat where it would be cramped and tight, plus you could still see out of the front. The drive to the ER in hindsight only took 25 minutes with Travis' speeding and several violated traffic laws. At this point in time, he did not even care if he was arrested. None of that would even matter. All that mattered then and now was Taylor, and his baby.

How long had she been laying there, waiting for him to come home ?

It could have been hours....

But Travis couldn't think like that. He swore that every intersection and set of traffic lights he came to immediately turned red, as if they knew he had important places that he needed to be, and fast. The drive to the hospital was silent, Taylor still lulling in and out of her lucid state which was not surprising considering the stress and pain she was under as well as the sheer amount of blood she had lost and was most probably still loosing. Heartbreak rolled down his cheeks as he pulled into the small parking bay at the back entrance to the hospital where he had been instructed to park so that Taylor could be wheeled in and assessed without anyone noticing. Whilst the people of Kansas City had always been respectful of Travis and Taylor's relationship, nobody even knew she was pregnant outside of their close circle of family and friends. This sort of news would spread like a wildfire.