The Interview

May 31st 2025
New York City, New York

"Are you sure I look ok Trav?" Taylor asked for the millionth time that day. Travis shook his head, coming over to where Taylor was picking at every aspect of her outfit and look in the mirror. He wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her neck softly.

"You look beautiful Tay. I mean it." He reminded her. He knew that she was feeling on edge. It was Taylor's first public interview since giving birth to Luna six weeks before and she was going to be making her first live performance in almost six months. He could sense her nerves, feeling her shake with anxiety whilst still in the confines of his arms. "What's on your mind babe? Talk to me."

"I just.." Taylor sighed, relaxing in his arms a little bit. "I guess I am just a bit nervous that is all."

"It's to be expected Tay. You haven't done any press or live interviews in a really long time. Even the one son the red carpet from the Oscars I wouldn't really count as true real interviews. We were both running on such adrenaline and excitement for the night." He rubbed his hand up and down her back, comforting her enough to know that she would be ok. Travis had been worried about Taylor ever since her almost breakdown a couple of weeks previously. Both Jason and Pat had warned him to look out for any signs that Taylor wasn't coping very well, both knowing how mothers can spiral out of control in a blink of an eye without anyone else realising. They enjoyed a few moments between each other, sharing passionate exchanges and kisses before a sound rudely interrupted them. The screaming cry of their six week old daughter. 

"She always knows how to ruin the moment doesn't she?" Travis chuckled, making his way over to the bassinet that had been set up in Taylor's dressing room for them. He picked her up gently, tucking her into the crook of his arm before making his way back over to Taylor.

"Isn't that what children are meant to do?" Taylor replied, taking the crying infant off of Travis, sensing that she would be hungry. Taylor knew that if she fed Luna now, it would hopefully ensure that she would stay silent and content for a while, at least until she finished her interview and performance set. She settled on one of the comfortable sofas next to Travis, pulling down the top half of the black long sleeved off the shoulder top that she was wearing. Taylor paired it with some black pants and a gold belt, topped off with her signature red lip and winged liner as well as some gold rings and earrings. She had carefully moved the beautiful ring that she had been gifted by Travis earlier that month for mother's day onto her other finger just to avoid any confusion with her fans. Whilst she would love more than anything to be Travis' wife, they were defiantly not engaged yet. It had been Travis' grandmother's engagement ring and it had been one of the things she had gifted Travis before she died. Jason hadn't ever expressed any interested in it but Travis, being the fashionista he was, always thought it was a beautiful ring. Whilst he had considered proposing with it to Taylor, he quickly decided that she deserved a ring that was new, a sign of their new and growing family and partnership. But he knew the ring would mean something to Taylor, and as the mother of his daughter and the love of his life, he had decided to gift it to her as a present for her very first mothers day as a mom. 

"Very true, I just thought that our one might be a bit nicer to us." Travis laughed, looking over at their daughter in adoration as she quietly and contently fed.

"Well moments like that are what got us into this mess so maybe she is doing us a bit of a favour there." Taylor noted, eyeing the baby still feeding in her arms.

"But Tay, what about our little football team we were planning." Travis pouted, causing Taylor to glare over at him with a knowing glance.

"When you suddenly are blessed with the magical power and abilities to grow and birth a whole entire human being, maybe then we can talk. Until then, I want a break thank you very much!" Taylor stated strongly, removing the blanket from her shoulder when she realised that Luna had unlatched, obviously full of milk. She passed the baby over to Travis so he could burp her and she could put the finishing touches on her makeup.