The Insider

May 12th 2025
New York City, New York

She froze. Time stood still...

"Hi Tay, I am sorry to have to ring you at this time but something has happened..." Sh heard Tree echo down the phone. Taylor felt Travis take the phone out of her hand when it was apparent that she was not going to reply, verbally or physically, anytime soon.

"Taylor, are you there?"

"Tree it's me. What's going on? What has happened?" Travis asked, wrapping his free arm around Taylor, who remained frozen in her place in the bed.

"It's the media again." Tree sighed. He should have known. The media. Of course it was the fucking media again. When would they finally leave them alone. Travis would have guessed when one of them eventually died, but even then they would flock to that like flies to shit. It was obvious that they were never going to go away.

"What are they saying this time?" Taylor finally asked, looking over at Travis who was just as worried as she was.

"The paps got a hold of photos of Luna yesterday whilst you guys were out in Central Park." Taylor sighed. She knew it was bound to happen. With her very public life and career as well as Travis', they knew that they couldn't keep Luna's identity concealed forever. Plus when she was a baby, it was easier as most babies look alike so it wasn't like she would look pretty distinguishable.

'Well we knew that was bound to happen. We did try to keep her covered yesterday but she got so restless in the pram and wanted to be out. I am not going to deny my daughter what she wants just because some people don't seem to understand what privacy is." Taylor replied, looking over at Luna, hoping that the noise from the bed wasn't going to wake her up. It had taken them forever to get her to go down to sleep that evening.

"Oh I totally understand Tay, and none of us were expecting you to hide her away like that. We all know your feelings on hiding away all too well by now." Taylor chuckled at her manager's subtle lyrical reference. "But I am afraid it is worse than we imagined it would be."

"How could it be worse? I thought we had gone through the worst case scenarios." Taylor asked, and Tree revealed it all. In all its technicolour, horrific glory.

"The press are running the story that Luna is actually Joe's baby, and not Travis'!"

"WHAT!" Travis bellowed and Taylor wasn't sure if he was going to burst out laughing from the absolute absurdity or start spilling smoke from his eyes and ears from pure anger. Of all of the possible scenarios and stories they could have written, this one was not on their list of thought up ones.

"They are running the fact that Luna has apparent blonde hair and blue eyes and looks like Taylor, she isn't your daughter Travis."

"That is ridiculous. Have they never taken a biology lesson." Taylor cried down he phone, actual tears threatening to fall from her eyes in disbelief and frustration.

"That is exactly what I thought when I read through the stories I was sent and that I could see. TMZ are running it naturally, and so are the daily mail. It won't be long before the others get a hold of it too. Some have even included baby pictures of Travis to compare her to."

"Oh dear god, they clearly don't know Luna very well. Or at all. She may look exactly like me but she is just like Travis was as a baby. Huge and heavy, and always wants to running around. I think she is going to be walking by eight months just like Travis was." Taylor was spiralling out of control in her ranting and Travis had to rub his hand up and down her back in an effort to get her to calm down.

"I know Taylor. I know. For what it is worth, nobody believes it for a second. But someone has been talking to the press."

"Who is it. Do we know yet?" Travis asked and Tree confirmed that they didn't.