Love and Other Drugs

January 12th 2025
Kansas City, Missouri

The playoff season was upon them once more, and Taylor was still sick as a dog. The Chiefs were hosting the Baltimore Ravens at Arrowhead, almost an exact rematch of the AFC championship game last January. This year, just as last year, they were all hoping for a win. But Taylor couldn't help but hope to stop feeling so ill.

Whoever said that morning sickness went away after the first trimester was 1000% lying because this was no joke. She had been vomiting multiple times a day ever since she had gotten pregnant back in July 2024. Now still with three months left to go, Taylor couldn't see a way she was going to survive much longer. But she had to pull through, for Travis. She had no other commitments coming up that month except for one final appearance on the Jimmy Fallon Show right before the Grammy's. With the Pro Bowl being held in Los Angeles this year, if Travis didn't make the Super Bowl again, it had been agreed between all of the that he would attend the GRAMMY's with Taylor.

She felt like such a terrible girlfriend and supporter for Travis. Sure his parents were there to watch the game and support him but as she sat on the cold tiled floor of their en suite bathroom, Taylor debated how much she was going to be able to move. But she could hear barking coming from downstairs, a sure sign that she needed to pull herself together and get downstairs. At Christmas time, Taylor had surprised Travis with a dog; she knew he missed his other dogs Rambo and Chauncey who pretty much were peremenatly living with his ex-girlfriend Kayla now. From her understanding it was meant to be a joint arrangement due to the fact they had both gotten them during their five year on and off relationship but they had decided amongst themselves that it was not working them seeing each other all of the time and that it would be best, especially with Travis' job and him constantly being on the move, that Kayla would keep the dogs. But now that they would be having a baby together, life would have to become a lot more settled down and grounded, therefore caving the perfect opportunity for them to get one.

"Hey Jupiter." Taylor said as she bent down as much as she could to stroke the soft fur on his ears. Jupiter was a slightly older puppy who had already been trained for the most part but his previous owners found he couldn't get on with their other more aggressive dogs and so was forced to re home him. He was the sweetest little dude ever, getting along surprisingly well with Taylor's cats, especially Benjamin. He was a golden retriever and was full of energy that morning. She bent down to feed all four of the animals, conscious to be careful of any germs especially around the cats.

She had told Donna that she would meet her at the game alongside Brittany and Lindsay. They wouldn't be in the same box the whole time but thought it could be nice to travel together and spend some time together. After feeding the animals and herself, she set about the task of making herself look less like a ghost and more like a supportive girlfriend who actually wanted to be there. She decided on her black maternity jeans, a red long sleeved top to match the chiefs colours and her personalised chiefs varsity jacket that Jeff Hamilton made for her to match the one he made for Travis. The outfit expertly showed off her baby bump proudly but nothing too flashy. She accessorised the outfit with her 87 earrings and necklace from the Super Bowl last year and from the AFC championship game along with her football glitter clutch bag that she had been gifted before the 2024 Super Bowl. The makeup and hair would have to pull through today. Taylor had decided that no matter how much Travis told her he loved her naturally curly hair, today it would just look too much like she had rolled out of bed so she decided on washing it, blowdrying and styling it in some loosely formed curls with her curlers afterwards. She kept her makeup simple and minimal. Just enough to make her look more alive topped off with her signature cat eye winged liner and red lipstick. Despite retiring herself from the Eras Tour, the red lipstick was here to stay and was another homage to her man's team.