14

No, there's no hop in Jungwon's step. He's not entirely happy, yet not as miserable as before. He figures it's only a matter of time before grief hits again and then he'll be back in his shell.

Not right now, though. Right now, he's walking ahead, towards a place that Jay promised him to meet. There's a slight pang in his chest because of the fact that this is nothing more than friendly hangout.

But wait, why does Jungwon want it to be anything more than a hangout?

God damn it. God. Damn. It. Yang Jungwon.

Jungwon curses himself. There he goes again— his stupid habit of developing a crush on any fine ass man who does the bare minimum. The sad part is, this isn't the first time this is happening.

True, Jungwon has a new crush every month or so. He also has an attraction to any guy who appeared green flag, even in the slightest. It was like chasing red flags, but the opposite, and Jungwon doesn't think it's okay.

Excess of anything is bad, after all. He groans to himself after he sees the location still being five minutes away. Couldn't Jay bring his car here?

No, Jay already has done so much for him. Can't Jungwon walk a few steps without behaving like an ungrateful bitch? He sighs. The fact that he's starting to think a slight bit romantically about Jay does nothing to ease the pre-crush jitters.

Without warning, Jungwon begins calculating and match-making in his mind, and decides on the conclusion that he doesn't have a crush on Jay. Yet.

There is a high risk of having a huge fat crush on Jay, because, who wouldn't? Man's the solution to all of the author's problems. Come on, Sparkles, Jungwon isn't dumb. You'd have to be stupid not to value someone like Jay in your vicinity.

To be honest, same. We're all in love with Jay to a specific extent.

Jungwon begins to feel adrenaline and panic at the same time, and now he contemplates whether it would be a good idea to run away. Suddenly he's not ready to see the person he became the most comfortable with in short interval of time. Before he could act on the brilliant idea, Jay spots him and waves cheerfully from the parking lot.

Jungwon halts, his heart skipping a tiny beat. This is so not it, he thinks. The sight of Jay and his stupid face should not be making Jungwon this happy. Ugh, feelings are so complicated. He doesn't want to think or calculate, he just wants to feel.

Therefore, he gives in. He runs happily to Jay to greet him. He'll think about serious matters later. Right now he's with his person, Jongseong, who always makes Jungwon's inner child laugh and smile.

Jungwon is loose when he's with Jay. There is little care in him, his shoulders are relaxed because he knows that he won't have to carry a burden while he's with Jay. Jay will carry any burden for Jungwon, for all the people he loves, not with exasperation, but with love. Because that's just the way he loves others.

Jungwon wishes to be loved. Loved by Jay. It doesn't matter what kind of love, platonic or romantic.

He and Jay exchange meetings and greetings, and very soon the two of them are settled inside the car, Jungwon being the passenger princess.

Jungwon is an excited kid, with the way he's happily tying his seatbelt and smiling widely while Jay smiles at him.

"Sorry I'm late, got stuck in the traffic." Jay says in a shy manner. Jungwon shakes his head, dismissing his apology saying that there was no need. To be honest, to have a friend who fanboys with you with same enthusiasm is a gift by itself.

They put on aju nice for the hundredth time, followed by LY: Her songs. Jungwon was of the opinion that Pied Piper was the best track, as it was both his and Riki's favorite. But Jay argued that Best Of Me had to be the best LY: Her song. They considered their other friends' favourites: Jake's was Serendipity and Heeseung loved the intro: her. In the end they decided to crown Sea as the best one.