17

TW: PANIC ATTACKS!

"Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell anyone before?" Jay asks Sunghoon awkwardly, while he stares out the window with the glass of water in his hand.

"No one listened."

Jay's heart twists with guilt and pity. He can swear that he feels the pain in the DNA that he shares with Sunghoon. He looks over at Heeseung, who lowered his head in shame. If Jay is feeling guilty after doing nothing, he doesn't want to imagine Heeseung's feelings who genuinely scolded Sunghoon and possible is the one who reduced him to tears.

"Yeah, you all kinda leapt on him, the entirety of you." Kai is over with his entire army of plushies, all for the purpose of emotional support for Sunghoon.

"But, you could have just told us-"

"You don't understand it, do you? It's not a piece of cake for everyone to just tell their problems." Taehyun, who was calm when everyone criticized him, is now imperiously pacing the room.

Beomgyu's call rings in Taehyun's phone. After greeting him, Taehyun puts it on speaker.

"Hoon, darling, what's wrong?" Beomgyu asks in a honey sweet voice.

There's not even a moment of warning, when the glass in Sunghoon's hand falls to the carpet in a thud - it doesn't break, but Sunghoon does. His complexion goes pale as he struggles to take in oxygen.

Jay's heart shoots up to his throat. By his side, Heeseung runs over to Sunghoon, Kai screams (to nobody's surprise) and Taehyun runs out the room with his phone.

"What's wrong?" Heeseung asks the younger frantically.
"Too much, too many people-" Sunghoon is shaking violently, with fresh tears falling on his cheeks.

Kai follows Taehyun outside, not without giving a plushie to Sunghoon ("Here's molang! He's my favourite, he'll keep you company!") and Heeseung drags Jay outside by the arm.

"You're gonna run just like that?"
"Jay, he needs breathing space!"

!!END OF TW!!

Once downstairs, Heeseung glares at Taehyun.
"Who the fuck told you it was a good idea to bring Beomgyu in the show? He doesn't want everyone knowing!"

"But I have no idea what happened! Me and Kai are here for Sunghoon only. If it was that serious, you could have shut up and kept it to yourselves. Kept him company by yourselves." Taehyun hangs up on Beomgyu, looking Heeseung in the eye.

"Us four were enough! Why did Beomgyu call?"

"I don't know. I don't live inside Beomgyu's brain." Taehyun's voice grows more cold by the passing second.

"Tell him he's deranged."

"Tell him that yourself. Anyway, don't push Sunghoon. He's been through a lot. And Heeseung, you're the reason he's like this right now. If anything, you're the one that should leave." Taehyun gives the last slide. Heeseung pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue, biting back argument.

Jay knows one thing for sure - he's failed at being a cousin and a friend. He always had from the start. He never knew it was this bad because he thought Jake was enough and that Sunghoon didn't need him. But his words from earlier, 'No one listened, no one listened, no one listened,' keeps playing like a broken radio in his head.

Heeseung sighs, "I'm gonna go and talk to Jake. He also didn't talk to Sunghoon either, I'm gonna bring him here for Hoon."

"Come along, me and Kai are also going." Taehyun nods once and walks out the door. Kai tells Jay to remind Sunghoon that he's there for him, and leaves. Heeseung pats Jay's shoulder and leaves a silent message behind him: