18

If Taehyun didn't lure Sunoo in with the promise of giving back his job exactly like before if he talks to Sunghoon, that too without informing Jungwon beforehand, Sunoo would not have come. But the promise of a paying job with a free meal isn't something to dismiss.

What? Don't roll your eyes at him. I know you would've done the same. Who's stupid enough to refuse? Not me, surely.

Not Sunoo either.

So he waits, in the warm spring air of March. The Chinese florist and artefacts shop nearby is giving a melancholy vibe, and Sunoo loves to pretend to be a main character with his earphones blasting "In Bloom" by ZEROBASEONE. (correction: zerostraightnone)

The door opens and in walk an elderly couple. Sunoo smiles at the fact that despite the ever-growing animalistic cruelties of humanity, there still exists the basic human emotion: love.

That humans, in all the pride and power of their advancements and evolution, are still humans, and the very basic foundations of life still exist. And will continue to do so. As long as life exists, love will follow.

A little love, and everything feels okay. While Sunoo can get a bit sassy and grumpy at times (what? He only wants princess treatment, he at least deserves as much) we can all agree that Sunoo is a sweetheart. For at least 98% of the time.

It's a lovely day, with pretty clouds forming in the sky. Clouds always remind him of Jungwon, so he smiles up above, trying not to feel too guilty. If anything happens to Sunoo, Jungwon will kill him before Sunghoon.

Of course, good days don't last long. Soon a bike is halting in front of him.

"Get on," the biker says, without removing his helmet.
This was not a part of the script, Sunoo thinks. Also, what will his boyfriend say...?

"This is very, very urgent, Sunoo. Please. We need to talk. Please get on, for the last time." Sunghoon says, and wow, Sunoo never heard that tone before. The older seemed panicked for some reason, so he decided that getting on wouldn't hurt. For the last time. And its nothing wrong if he's getting on a bike with his friend.

Right?

"Park Sunghoon using the magic word two times in a sentence? The world is ending." Sunoo sasses as he gets on behind Sunghoon.

Sunghoon doesn't say anything, which is rather weird of him. The Sunghoon Sunoo knew never shut the hell up, no matter what. So what happened..?

"Where do you wanna talk? We have to make it quick, before Yejoong sees us. Somewhere hidden." Sunghoon asks.

An uncomfortable feeling settles on the pit of Sunoo's stomach. He suddenly questions Sunghoon's whole existence.

"My aunt and uncle own a small parrot shop, by that block. We will have privacy there, if you're good with that?" Sunoo says, knowing that he'd be okay if he's near a relative. In case Sunghoon wants to murder him, that is.

Sunghoon nods and speeds towards the direction.

A while later, they're settled on the rooftop. The afternoon sun is announcing the start of golden hour. Sunoo is perched beside him, towards the sun. Sunghoon doesn't forget to look inside his amber eyes, now incredibly golden with the sun's light.