Chapter Six

Travel is seeking the lost paradise. It is the supreme illusion of love. – Anais Nin

The following morning begins with clouds and some fog, before the heat moves in and the sun rises. Lady and I were grateful that the hut we were staying in had air conditioning, as the temperatures were sweltering outside. We got out of bed, making sure to make them before freshening up. I wore a white one piece bathing suit over a white summer dress with sandals, while she wore a pink bikini with jean shorts and a pink tank top. We both wore our hair up in messy buns as it was just too darn hot to do anything more.

We left the hut and groaned once our bodies hit the outdoors. It was going to be a very hot one for sure! We quickly dashed to the main building and entered, grateful that this was also air conditioned. We moved to the dining room and found that our seats were back near BTS, which made me wonder why as I thought we were supposed to be taking turns with the other contestants.

"Good morning Lady, Cole." RM greeted us as we took our seats.

"Morning." I said cheerfully, happy to be back to normal and not grouchy like I was yesterday. I needed to let the boys know that I suffered from a mental relapse but I did not want the whole island to know that I was just a bit unstable at the moment.

"Can we talk privately later?" I asked RM.

"Of course. Is everything alright?"

I nod, "Yes, there are some things I need to talk about off camera."

He nods to one of the crew and they come over. He speaks in Korean to them before turning back to me.

"One of the huts has no cameras, we can speak freely there."

"Thank you." I say as we turn as the other contestants finally enter the room. They take their seats at the large dining room table and breakfast is served.

"Has everyone seen the itinerary for today?" he asks as he pulls up a piece of paper with things written on it.

Most of the others nod their head; some don't, including Pez and Ray.

"Then I will tell you. Contestants have solo interviews after breakfast followed by beach volleyball. These games will help you gain scores for the board. After volleyball there will be lunch on the beach and the afternoon will consist of any activity you would like to do. Dinner will be served at 6pm where I or one of the members will ask the question of the day before we have a movie night. That movie will be the original Ghostbusters. Snacks and drinks will be provided and those interested can meet us in the media room.

He took his seat and finished eating. I had eaten very little as I was nervous to talk to him. Would this change things because I was not in my right state of mind?

Breakfast ended and RM and I moved towards the hut and entered while the others went to do their interviews. RM was kind enough to ask my interviewer, the same one from last night to give me a few minutes as we had to discuss something. She just nodded, telling me not to worry and that we would still get things done.

We took seats and I clasped my hands as I was nervous.

"What's wrong Cole?" he asked me as he placed his large hand over mind to calm my mind.

"Last night was not like me in a way." I start, "I suffer from mental issues. I know Suga does too, but mine are severe. So severe that I was hospitalized a few times because of it. I'm not dangerous to others, just to myself. I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night, I was not in my right state of mind and I worry that if the others find out, I will be asked to leave."