Chapter Seven

Through the sunset of hope, like the shapes of a dream, what paradise islands of glory gleam! – Percy Bysshe Shelley

The next day came too quickly as I got out of bed. Lady was lying in bed dead to the world still as I ventured into the bathroom to shower. I changed into a pair of wide legged pants and a white blouse. I paired my outfit with sandals before putting my hair up into a bun.

I moved over to wake Lady as I finished dressing and she slowly climbed out of bed rubbing her eyes. She dressed in a white summer dress and sandals.

"Are you alright?" she asks as she is finally awake.

"I'm fine. Just upset, ya know?"

"Yeah. That was cruel on their part. I had words after you left."

"Oh boy." I say, "How hard did you get?"

"Hard. I dug into them all. They may want to go away hungry, but you and I have medical issues and this is causing us to be cranky and ill." She pauses, "I was asked to talk to the man in charge of cooking and I explained that even though the gourmet foods were nice, they were not filling."

"I bet that talk went over well." I say as I sit on my bed.

"It actually did. From here on out, the food will be buffet style so we can take as much or as little as we want."

I cheer. "That is amazing!"

We leave our hut and head to the dining room. We step in and the large table has been removed and we're back to sitting at tables for four.

"I wonder why they changed the table up." I asked Lady.

"Probably easier for the buffet table." She replies.

A few of the contestants and their plus ones are here, eating away. BTS is nowhere to be seen.

"It's your faults that BTS will no longer be eating with us." Taki hisses at us from her table. "Just because you're pigs, doesn't mean the rest of us are."

I sneered at her. "I'm sorry that I'm not anorexic." I retort and she turns away.

"You're a joke." I snarl before dumping food high on my plate and stomping over to a table in the far corner and sitting. I dug in eating, not caring that I did indeed look like a pig eating. I was fucking starving!

Lady joins me soon later with her plate full as well. "That was uncalled for."

"It was."

We eat our food quickly before leaving our table and moving back to the pool area where we will be hanging out for the day. We took a pair of chairs near the back in the shade and sat. I was not in the mood to deal with the others today but if I wanted to stay on top of the ranks, I would have to participate in the games.

RM and the others step out to the pool dresses in shorts and t-shirts, most of their bodies covered in clothing. The rest of the others came out and took seats on the other side from us.

"We will need to talk about what happened just a bit ago." He starts.

Of course! I was to blame.

"Tia, what you said was uncalled for. Lady did what she thought was right and having buffet styled foods does not mean that we will not continue eating with you. We had other plans this morning, so it is not their fault that we were not there. Cole, calling her names was nice of you, but I can see why you said it. But this hatred towards one another needs to stop."

Tia hisses, "She needs to apologize."

I snorted, "Okay. I'm sorry...that you're an ass." I say and cross my arms with a smirk on my face.