Chapter Ten

Paradise is a state of mind. – Dolly Parton

It was the next morning and I opened my eyes to find myself alone. Lady was sitting on her bed looking through her phone as I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to shower. I changed into a pair of short and a white crop top and paired it with sandals. I pulled my hair up into a messy ball and walked over to Lady and gave her a hug.

"Feeling better today?" she asks.

"Still feeling blah, but I want to be part of the activities."

"You do know that they have hide and seek and card games on the itinerary today?"

I smile, "I love hide and seek."

"Yeah, you and Jimin or RM will hide on one of the off limit huts and make out."

"Hey! That's not a bad idea!"

She slaps me and I rub my arm. "I was just saying!" I mutter as we leave the hut and make our way to the dining room.

Conversations can be heard as we step into the room, but they suddenly stop as eyes lay themselves on me.

"Feeling better?" I hear Ray ask.

"Much. I think it's the heat to tell you the truth. I am not used to it."

"I can attest to that." Lutz says, "The humidity is so different from back home."

"It is. Ours is not as dry as it is down here. That and Pennsylvania does not get this hot either, only seldomly and the last time was back in 2019."

"Oh wow." He says as he sits at the table with me. "So it is true that you are not used to such weather. Some of the others were saying you had a disease."

I rolled my eyes, "Next thing they will be saying is that I'm pregnant, which I'm not. Got tested, came back negative, so that is one more thing off the list."

"Well, I hope you feel better soon. I should go join my sister. Take care Cole." He says as he gets to his feet and moves a few tables over where his sister and Lee are sitting, chatting.

Lady comes over and takes his seat. "The rumors are terrible." She exclaims.

"RM is going to set everyone straight after breakfast. This is bothering them."

"They don't have to do that." I say gently.

She pats my hand, "They care about you, so they will do this for you."

"And it will make the others hate us even more."

Lady snorts, "Fuck them."

Breakfast goes by quickly and no announcement is said. We are ushered outside where the game of hide and seek will happen.

Jimin comes over and whispers, "We were told to hold off by Suga. We want to get everyone on board before we have a talk with them." He tells me.

"That sounds like a solid idea." I say.

"We are behind you, just know that." He says and squeezes my hand before moving over towards Jungkook and Tae.

"I told you they care." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Hello everyone!" I hear Jin say after that, "Today we will be playing a game of hide and seek. In this bowl is a piece of paper with everyone's name on the pieces. We will pick a paper and whoever's name is on it, will be 'it' until someone is found. The last person to get found will win the game. The huts and our hut are off limits as well as some of the campers. Everywhere else is open to hide in. Remember, you must be the last one found to win the game. Happy hunting!" he says as Hobi pulls out a piece of paper.