STALKED

Published this book before but had to unpublish it cause of some issues and before you read the story is unedited so you may come across errors feel free to constructively criticize my art piece. Please show your support my commenting and voting ❤️❤️

CHAPTER ONE

"

Happy birthday!
Skyler Heart looked up  with a faint surprise on her face trying to fathom what was before her. Not just her parents, but a few others like her uncle and her maternal nephew, Patrick were standing in front of the staircase  with glittering smiles on their faces including Spencer and Brittany her best friend who was already giggling only then it had hit her: the house decorations, her parents, Brittany's smile and the whole aura, everything just seemed lighted up  then she remembered September 17th was her birthday and a little laugh escaped her lips
"My bad guys" I totally forgot. She said hiding her hair behind her ears as she trudged downstairs holding her crutches.
Careful there baby" Roger, her dad said as he rushed to support her with his hand wrapped around her waist.
"Thanks" she muttered and then everyone chorused Happy Birthday again making her blush on the inside.
It's too early for surprises you know" Skyler smiled.
" It had to be a surprise" Kate, her mum added . " I mean we knew you would forget your own birthday so it had to come that way.
"Sooo who's behind all this? Skyler asked giving Brittany a knowing smile.
"You can never know me less." Brittany smiled and then whispered audibly " but Spencer was my accomplice" Brittany said as Skyler's eyes shifted to Spencer's direction and she actually didn't think of it Spencer Fiennes was actually in her house, on her birthday. It came as a suprise because they had actually never really gotten along back in the years most especially because he was the first senior to bully her when she was in sixth grade, ever since then Spencer Fiennes had turned into her nemesis which was a problem because her nemesis was her best friend's elder brother. The enmity between them was well known in school not until Skyler stumbled into an intense car accident that almost claimed her legs and kept her in the hospital bed for a full month which triggered some kind of soft spot for her in Spencer's heart. Skyler made her observations and came with the conclusion that he wasn't faking whatever care he was showing although she still didn't like him and she knew he knew that.
"So you're here? She said staring into his eyes. .
He chuckled. "It's a privilege I know right.
Spencer always had that proud attitude that Skyler hated. "Don't flatter yourself" Skyler said as Spencer grinned.
" I'm not.
" Good" Skyler replied subtly harsh. It was like they were fighting with their eyes and Brittany who noticed it gave Spencer a nudge to cut it out.
All eyes were on them and the atmosphere turned weird especially for Skyler whose dad was watching her. It was scary because he could read meanings to everything.
"Time for cake! Patrick shouted intentionally drifting the minds of everyone before further awkwardness as they rushed to the kitchen.
"It's your favorite honey, Kate said. " Vanilla and strawberry.
Skyler smiled and sat In front of the table which the cake was on and then a happy birthday song emerged everyone was singing excluding Spencer who just kept his eyes on her. Skyler knew he innately had pride so she wasn't surprised but still curious as to know why he came to her house maybe he didn't hate her as much as Skyler thought he did, maybe or he just wanted to see how bad her leg was just so he would have what to talk about with his ass hole friends.....nahhh that definitely wasn't the case that would be too low for him well whatever it was Skyler needed to know.
" Make your wish darling" Pete,  her uncle said after the birthday song was over then Skyler closed her eyes to make a wish and then suddenly a flash of the accident hit her mind like the wind. The smashed glass, the stumbling car everything just seemed to happen afresh in her mind she could remember seeing something more like someone standing from a distance a far distance, she could barely see a thing and that was when she blacked out then fear gripped her someone was actually there when the accident occured and someone saw it. She wasn't in her right state  of mind but she could swear there was a Blurry human figure. Her hands began to shake and then her neck began to sweat then she felt a strong but friendly palm on her shoulder and she jerked.
" Skyler is everything alright? Brittany asked.
"Y-yh she stammered."I'm fine.
"You were looking fine some minutes ago and now you're sweating" Kate caressed her hair." You sure you're okay.
"Just dizziness from the bandaged head.
She smiled. It feels like a load up there."
"You need water?" Brittany asked concerned.
"Brittany I'm fine trust me" she smiled. And btw I'm hungry what's for breakfast? She faked a jaunty smile trying to change the topic. The last thing she wanted to do right now was soil the happy atmosphere she reckoned that whatever she had seen as imagination more like revelation should be discussed later.

"Fries, Mac and cheese" Patrick giggled. " It's your favorite.
From the look of things Skyler knew they were trying their possible best to make the day the best day of her life and she didn't want to spoil it by making it obvious that their effort was failing the memory kept kicking in and kicking in.
After a delicious meal everyone retired to watch tv in the living room Skyler said she needed to catch some air alone at the kitchen counter still pondering on what she had just seen. The whole thing began to make sense in her head: the blurry figure, her car that got hit. She tried to make sense out of it definitely the blurry figure had to be the owner of the car that hit her but the question was why didn't he just kill her right there if he actually wanted to? Was he the one that called the ambulance? Not like the gender of the suspect was certified in her head it was just a presumption after all the figure looked more like a male's. That fear jumped back in again whoever it was was still out there and that was for sure.
"Sky"
A sonorous familiar voice called behind her cutting her off all negative thought she slowly  turned only to see Spencer in front of her his hands were in his pocket and his eyes were reading alot one of which Skyler figured was her worried face she quickly put up a plain expression.
"You just called me sky" she arched her brows.
What's wrong with that" he shrugged slowly walking towards her.
" Don't call me that-ever" Skyler warned.
" Else what? he arched his brows.
" As far as I'm concerned nicknames are only given to those that are dear soooooo" she stood akimbo as he walked closer.
" Of course you're dear to me I mean my sister could die if anything were to happen to you and I can't let my sister die" he chuckled so I'm being forced to look after you.
"Don't remember asking you to" Skyler folded her lips.
" I do what I want I don't need permission from anyone" he shrugged. " So tell me, what happened back there?
" What?"
The whole hand shaking neck sweating thingy"
Nothing you need to know Spencer" Skyler pouted.
Spencer walked a little closer making the air between them warm.
"Take it easy on yourself sky so your legs can heal faster"
" So what you care about me now?" Skyler arched her brows.
" You're my sister's friend" he shrugged.
" You guys okay there?" Roger her dad interrupted from behind as they both turned
"Yh sir we're cool" Spencer smiled boyishly and Roger looked at Skyler for confirmation she nodded and then he left but Skyler knew that his eyes at the back were still watching them.
"Is he always like this? Spencer creased a frown.
"Not always"  She chuckled. Skyler had clearly understood why her dad had been so defensive around Spencer. He had to after what her ex- boyfriend had done Skyler wasn't sure he was going to grant her another chance of seeing another guy and Skyler actually thought she needed a break from relationships probably it was for the best she told herself.
" I know you're the only child but he needs to chill"

Spencer shrugged..
" Why don't you go tell him that"
"Not a chance" Skyler chuckled.
Yh" Skyler muttered. "Alright Fiennes your time with me is up I'm heading to my room" she slapped his back slightly and walked towards the door then turned Spencer was looking right at her.
" Thanks for coming"
"My pleasure" he said throwing her that Spencer smile that was undeniably cute.