Chapter 10

Skyler breathed heavily like she had done some rigorous work with her eyes aimlessly pacing around the room, hitting every side of the wall until it landed on the lilacs which Kate had positioned beautifully on the drawer in front of her bed. The more Skyler pondered the more she became even more scared. Of course she hadn't forgotten the letters and the strange guy she observed in the background the mysterious quietness of the night made her cringe on the inside at the thought of those things but given the fact there was no reasonable explanation for that Skyler took Brittany's advice and had to let it go even if it was right at the back of mind. She still couldn't understand how Brittany swept things away so easily, didn't make sense at all as far as she was concerned something wasn't just right but now looking into it seemed like a job for the dead now that Brittany of all people was thinking she was crazy. For some reason Skyler could feel someone's eyes on her, like she was being watched. She wondered if it was just fear or it was just her instinct giving her warning signs. Her mind began to fight her making her note every possible place she could get attacked. The balcony, the bed, the toilet... the - "stop it!" She shouted at herself unconsciously as her hands ran through her hair in confusion. She felt unsafe and it made her crave for physical contact. Maybe it was the house, maybe she needed to get out a little bit, maybe if she did the letter, flowers and every other thing would disappear like it was never there and her life would be normal again... maybe Brittany was right.
"I need to leave." Skyler mumbled as she slowly lay on the bed forcing herself to think of good memories to take away the old ones.
She thought of mum and dad, she thought of the good times she spent with Brittany.... she thought of Spencer.

*****
Skyler sat quietly in the front seat of the car staring plainly at the houses that passed her by, the trees, the people, the atmosphere exuded life and a positive sense of existence something she hadn't been able to feel for quite a while now. She wasn't really the outgoing type but every one could attest that she was better than her state now. Just gazing at everything made her realize how much she had missed out on life starting from my day she decided to entangle herself with what was now her ex and thinking about the whole thing just made her feel depressed on the inside.
"Skyler? Roger called calmly, throwing her off her thoughts. "You okay? He asked concerned at her level of serenity.
Skyler sighed. "Yh I'm just - she paused. "I don't know"
"It's completely fine if you don't want to go to Britt's place anymore we can turn around and -
"Dad" Skyler cut him off quietly. "It's not about Britt." She sighed. "And I do want to go there just that I've been in the house for so long so it feels weird."
" I was just trying to -
"Protect me? " Skyler cut him off. "Yh I get it.
"It was for your own good. " Roger nodded.
" I didn't complain." Skyler rolled her eyes." But I think it's time for you to get over yourself." Skyler turned to him. " if I go on like this I may likely loose my mind."
Roger threw his hands in the air slightly, finding words to explain himself. "It's not easy letting your only child go after nearly loosing them sky" Roger said calmly. " you and your mum is all I've got and I can't bear to lose any of you" Roger explained gently. Skyler didn't know what to say to that knowing he was right. She sighed and stayed silent for a while and then turned to him.
"Thanks for letting me go" Skyler muttered camly.
"You left me no choice" Roger shrugged as he halted at the pedestrian walk facing Britt's house.
"We're here" Skyler turned and suddenly saw Brittany smiling, excitedly walking towards the cienna.
"Do me a favor." Roger creased a frown. "Stay away from Spencer."
"Wha - Skyler threw a puzzled look at him and got out of the car. "You're unbelievable."
"I'm surprised you changed your mind Mr Heart" Britt smiled lowering her head to see his face.
"Trust me I am too" he frowned. "Just watch her for me k?"
"She's already my full responsibility" Brittany said with a jaunty smile.
Still struggling to be assured by Brittany's assurance Roger sighed and nodded.
"Bye dad" Skyler muttered impatiently as he threw her the dad's look.
"Call me when you get there"
Skyler threw a puzzled look. "I am already"
"Just call" Roger sighed as he revised and backed them. From the rear view mirror he could see Skyler looking at him until he was out of sight, his heart ached strangely.

Drop your comments please ❤️❤️😊