chapter (22)

Another day..

No way Spencer could swear that if he eventually found that son of a bitch  he would spare his life. He was dead determined in this game of hide and seek that Jefferson was playing but took Lauren's advice to stick with the protection of the police to avoid more complications now that this Jefferson guy knew not just Skyler but his family and things could get cocky if he was irrational. His head perched on many thoughts centered around Skyler her hair, her smell and the fact that she was with Jefferson threw his head over the fence he couldn't just imagine it, but he did. Running his hands through his hair in silent frustration after gulping a glass of water to help his head, he held unto the counter still unable to believe he was not able to lay hold of Skyler the. Brittany walked in and found him sulking over the counter, he turned when he  felt a presence.
"Are you okay?" She asked quietly moving towards him.
"Lauren came yesterday, mum's police friend.
"Okay?" Brittany's eyes glanced across the room swiftly before looking back at Spencer. "Umm?"
"She said something about finding a camera in Skyler's room, in a bouquet that was gotten for Skyler."
Brittany wore a confused face.
"Yh I'm as creeped up as you are."
"What does that even mean?". Brittany creased a frown.
"It means the person who sent those flowers had the intension of watching her every move."
"Jesus.. I ..I thought - Brittany paused vividly recollecting when skyler had told her something similar which she didn't take seriously.
"What?"
"Skyler - she - Brittany stuttered trying to put two and two together.
"What?" Spencer creased a frown.
"I can't believe I didn't believe her!" Brittany ran her hands through her blonde hair. "Skyler complained about something like this but I shut her off and told her she was hallucinating and- Brittany paused as tears gathered in her eyes. "I .... I
Spencer shook her mildly."pull yourself together."
"No spens." Brittany shook her head has tear dropped. "Jefferson's real"
"I know that." Spencer glanced across the room trying to fight of the effect Brittany's fear had on him. Fear was contagious and if he wanted to find his girl then he needed his head not his heart.
"So what now?" Brittany shrugged.
"Lauren's saying I should back off a little but I can't sit on my couch waiting to get a goodnews call cause I really want to beat the shit out of the dibshit." Spencer leaned backwards.
"It's not -
"Safe?" Spencer arched his brows. "Oh please I've heard that word before jumping down from a cliff into an ocean."
"It's not water sport spens this is -
"I know what it is." He cut her off and suddenly threw a puzzled look at his face. "I think Jefferson came here."
Brittany looked at him waiting for a logical addition to that statement.
"He took skyler."
Brittany was still waiting.
"See it's simple common sense if he's stalking her, he's very well aware of her whereabouts and that's how he knew she was home alone...  that's how he took her." Spencer rubbed his hair."surely there must be an evidence."
Brittany shrugged.
"Did you notice anything out of place when you got home?"
Brittany looked at the air trying to recollect then back to Spencer."nothing was out of place but something disappeared."
"What? "
"My flower verse. Later found a tiny sharp piece of it on the floor of my room."
"Meaning she broke it?"
"Technically. It doesn't add up tho cause Skyler's the most meticulous person I know."
" why didn't you say so when the cops asked?" Spencer frowned.
"cause ionno" Brittany threw her hands out slightly. "I never thought it was something that would ever relate to Skyler's sudden dissapearance."
Brittany exhaled and Spencer wasn't sure if his sister was thinking what he was but he thinking thinking something. He was thinking deeply.
"What?" Brittany asked when she noticed his plain face staring into the air.
"Do you have Skyler's location?

Prom day

*****
Spencer's throat wobbled as water rushed through it giving him room to relax his mind and view his environment with both  serenity and determination jangling in his heart. He looked at his watch.
7: 30
He was going to find her. Brittany had done alot of advicing but stopped when she remembered she was dealing with not just anyone but Spencer and let him go. And of course he knew better than to leave when Camille was up and alert.
If the police were going to come later then fine and if not it was okay too but one thing was certain. Find Skyler, kill Jefferson was the mantra in his head and he was going to do just that. Not literally killing him tho, that was Lauren's job but he would really want a little bit of Jefferson's blood visible on his shirt.
He slammed his car door as he got in and started the ignition going wherever the car took him, oblivious of the destination but he was going anyway.