chapter (16)

Chapter 16
Throughout breakfast Skyler was silent and hardly ate anything. She hadn't said a word about the note to anyone with the fear that Brittany may likely get annoyed or gaslight her into thinking she was crazy even if the evidence was clearly written that something up and when Camille probed she just said she was slightly tired and that was all. She offered to wash the dishes to give her time to think alone then Spencer showed up.
"Hey" she mumbled.
"Are you okay?"
"Yh" Skyler said quietly.
"You hardly ate anything Sky"
Skyler sighed and turned to Spencer who looked like the only one that gave a shit about her craziness.
"I got a gift again"
"Like last time?"
"Yh and this time it said something about not been done until I am"
Spencer creased a frown.  "What the hell does that even mean?"
"Sorry for bugging you but I'm just -
"You are not bugging me" Spencer touched her shoulders.  "And besides it's something we should look into maybe we can call the cops" Spencer said as Skyler recoiled from him gently rembering the kiss. She knew the last thing was to have anything to do with Spencer eversince the kissing incident but she felt helpless, lonely and insecure nevertheless she really appreciated the way he understood and acted like nothing happened.
"Not yet"
"Sky this -
"I don't want to involve the cops yet or my mum or my dad or yours" Skyler sighed. "They've already been through alot because of me."
"And your safety? You will be putting them through alot by not telling them your life's at risk..... you would be putting me through alot."  Spencer frowned.
"Just let me figure this out Spens" Skyler exhaled ignoring his last statement. "I just need to be sure it's what I think it is."
"What do you think it is?"
"My- my ex" Skyler thought twice before saying hoping she could trust Spencer.
"Your ex?"
"If it's him then.... God" Skyler sighed looking at the air
"So what if it's him?"
"Just forget" Skyler breathed heavily and turned back to the plates.
"If you don't want me to tell you better start talking young lady" Spencer warned.
"I thought I could trust you" Skyler arched her brows.
"You can if you tell me" Spencer shrugged. "And you know I say what I mean Skyler so you better start talking."
Skyler looked at him for a while hoping he was bluffing but who was she kidding Spencer had never been a person to bluff.
"Fine" Skyler sighed.  "We dated two years ago"
"And?" Spencer folded his hands ready to listen.
"I was in love .... well I thought I was."  Skyler paused accessing his expression and level of attentiveness. He really wanted to know.
"Then at some point things changed he became abusive and I discovered he was a drug dealer so I broke up with him that same year." Skyler narrated looking into the air like she was reliving those dark times in her head. She was.
"And then he tried to kidnap me but he was caught and got arrested, stayed in jail for a whole year, got out" Skyler shrugged.  "Everyone thought he moved on because he got a restraint order from the court, we thought he would never come back, I thought I was getting better, I thought I - Skyler paused stifling tears. "Until I got involved in a fatal accident, thought I was also fighting it off until the strange letters and flowers." Skyler turned to him and sighed. " that's my story"
"I'm sorry Skyler" Spencer said quietly.
"I don't need your sympathy" she snapped gently. "Or anyone else's es"
"This is crazy but I got to ask" Spencer cleared his throat ignoring Skyler's rudeness. "Did you ever like - he paused looking at Skyler's expression. "Make out or something?
Skyler threw him an angry look. "Did you even hear a thing I said?"
"I just want to know" he shrugged.
"Have I ever asked you how many girls you've made out with? " Skyler arched her brows as Spencer walked closer and licked his lips.
"Just answer the question" Spencer said under his breathe.
"What do you think people in a relationship do huh? Cuddle all day?
"So clearly you made out with him?"
"Spencer please -
"Just answer Skyler"
"So does it matter? We're done. Skyler shrugged.  "Why do you care?
"I don't" Spencer lied he hated every bit of it and couldn't stop imagining things in his head. Somehow he wished he find that Jefferson guy and knock him down. "I'm just a curious person.  "Just don't go out of sight until we figure this out we can start by going to the shop from where the flower was bought."
"Yh surely the shop address must be attached to the bouquet just don't tell anyone"
"Just hope it doesn't get out of hand else - Spencer paused giving Skyler the daring look and walked out of the kitchen.
"Asshole"   Skyler cursed under her breathe.