chapter (17)

"Disclosure of customer information is not usually our policy especially with the involvement of anonymity." the female florist said quietly.
"But it's urgent." Skyler explained.
"Can you at least tell us his first name?"  Spencer creased his forehead.
"Sorry sir we don't do that either" the lady said in the most gentle manner, smiling amiably at Spencer and Spencer understood that smile, that smile girls gave exuding interest. She was pretty he wouldn't deny that fact and Skyler wasn't a fool either but she was too overwhelmed by her current situation to give a shit. With a sigh Skyler headed out of the flower shop as Spencer followed her.
"Are you okay?"
"Why did I even come here in the first place" Skyler rolled her eyes.
"You know it's not the lady's fault right? Probably if we had gotten the cops involved it would have been easier" Spencer pointed out.
"That's not what I said" Skyler got into the car and heaved a sigh. "Let's just go"
"I'm sure we can figure something out" Spencer said getting into the car wanting to start the ignition but stopped and gazed at Skyler's stern but worried face looking verticallly at the wind screen. He hated it to see her that way, he hated to watch her worry over some stupid guy from the past it was annoying that he wanted to be close to her but just couldn't every bit of him wanted no gap between them not even the seperate car seats. He had noticed Skyler's beauty... he always did although wondered if Skyler ever saw it that way. Once again her hair was in a pony tail and more than ever he wanted to let it down like last time.
"Are you okay? He asked with concern
Skyler sighed and looked at him. "I just hope I'm not crazy  or something"
"Why would you be? Spencer shrugged. "It's obvious that someone is doing this"
"Yh but- Skyler moved her shoulders. "I don't why this is happening to me it's just - Skyler paused and glanced at Spencer.
"It's been really hard" she sniffed harnessing silence for a while.
"So where do you wanna go now?"
"I don't know to a place where problems don't exist?" Skyler exhaled.
" I know a place."

*******
The evening breeze waltzed around Skyler relaxing every nerve in her body giving her time to take note of nature's beauty: the trees, the sky, the ocean that roared camly she couldn't remember when last she felt this peaceful. Taking in the air that smelt of peace and tranquility she exhaled deeply and turned to Spencer who seemed focused on the horizon of the sea it felt good to see him so peaceful.
"Thanks for bringing me here" Skyler said quietly as he sighed.
"This is where I come to think when I'm loosing my mind" Spencer chuckled.
"Spencer Fiennes? Skyler frowned. "Loose his mind? Now that's a shocker" Skyler chuckled making him turn to her.
"There are so many things you don't know about me Sky."
"Umm I know you love looking handsome" Skyler smiled faintly. "I also know you love women so what else?"
Spencer laughed quietly. "What an insulting way to compliment someone."
"Well I'm not wrong"
"Well I do love my looks" Spencer admitted with a smile.  "And yes I used to like a lot of girls before - he paused as his Adam's apple moved.
"Before?
"Before I kissed you" he thought twice before spilling out.
Skyler was silent for a while.
"You're really someone Fiennes" Skyler chuckled. "Be honest"
"I am" he chuckled. "What? You think I kissed you out of pity or because I'm a natural player? He looked at Skyler with those blues eyes. "You're much more."
Skyler was silent about his statement and her silence gave him permission to turn her chin to his direction with his index finger.
"I can't get you out of my head" he said staring deeply into her eyes searching and searching. Skyler was just there oblivious of what to say. She hated the fact that she felt so disabled whenever he was that close. He cupped her left cheek with his right hand without a thought, kissed her and just like the last time he felt pleasant tingles in his body the feeling was good. He kissed her again savouring the taste of her soft lips, he liked this girl.... he loved this girl!  Just when the atoms in his body were getting heated up from the kiss Skyler recoiled her lips.
"We should go it's getting late" Skyler said quietly, stood up and turned to the direction of the car to leave.
"Why do you keep doing this?"
Skyler stopped and turned.  "Do what? "
"We kiss and the next thing you pretend  like nothing happened, why? Spencer frowned with hurt eyes.
"Because you're just another distraction?" Skyler dimmed her eyes unsure of what she was saying.
"Another?"
"The I feel around you was the same way I felt around him" Skyler sniffed. "I'm tired of negative surprises."
"I would never in my life -
"Hurt you?" Skyler interrupted. "He said the same thing."
"Skyler l - he paused and ran his hands through his hair. "I can never be like that asshole."
"Spencer you have the habit of cheating" Skyler said quietly in an angry manner. "How am I supposed to believe a word you say tell me?"
Spencer was silent.
"I don't want to get my heart broken like my leg"  she gently wiped tears from her eyes. "Now I'm crying in front of you"
"I would never hurt you" Spencer said helplessly not knowing what else to say. Without response Skyler walked towards the car and looked at him.
"I wouldn't want your mum getting worried we should leave."

The car travelled on the road in silence, confusion in Skyler's head, hurt in Spencer's heart. Nobody said a word.

****
Skyler shut the door of Britt's room quietly as she leaned on it and heaved a sigh lost in deep thoughts not just about Spencer but every other thing. She reached for the bed and turned to Brittany who was fast asleep and smiled silently thanking nature for the gift called sleep that  could tranqullize the most fiesty and stubborn of creatures.
10:30
She looked at the clock as her mind drifted back to the scene at the swell view beach. As much as she wanted to she couldn't deny that she was falling for Spencer so deep that she couldn't get herself out, but the fear was there, the fear of getting her heart broken which was a inevitable with someone like Spencer. She didn't want to risk it perhaps eternal breakage may be the consequences. She pulled the duvet to her chest, her head tilted towards the ceiling.