chapter 15

"I can't believe you Spencer" Camille stood akimbo with an angry look on her face.
"Mum-
"It's 11:30 for God's sake" Camille cut Spencer off. " you know how strict I can be when it comes to late nights out"
" we're sorry it won't happen again." Spencer apologized.
"Please let it not" Camille sighed and leaned on the stair railing. "I'd kill myself if I loose you guys as well."
"Trust me she's hardly like this." Brittany whispered to Skyler.
" oh" Skyler mumbled
"What if something had happened? " Camille frowned.
" well nothing did." Spencer shrugged. "It was just a school function it won't happen again."
" what do you mean it won't" Camille rumpled her face. " Skyler's leg isn't even fit for anything you could've at least being considerate."
"It's cool I -
"It's not" Camille cut her off. "Bad things happen to vulnerable people Skyler."
" we did it for sky" Brittany added in their defense. "To rejuvenate her school life again." Brittany said as she looked at Skyler who said never protested as her name was being used to get out of the mess.
Camille exhaled. "Just go to bed"
With that she turned and backed them then Spencer slowly walked upstairs without looking back leaving only Brittany and Skyler.
"I just feel odd" Skyler broke the silence causing Brittany to turn.
"What's up?" Brittany asked concerned.
"You know I met a guy today" Skyler started, triggering Brittany's interest.
"That's a good start" Brittany gave a proud smile.
"Not that Britt" Skyler sighed.
"Sooooo
"Well we spoke for a bit and then he just disappeared to ease himself and never returned."
"Well people ditch people sometimes but boys don't do that to girls they've just met so it's odd. " Brittany shrugged without much consideration of what Skyler had said.
"But isn't it odd?" Skyler creased a frown.
"Come on Sky some guys are dibshit so let's just go to bed." She said in exhaustion as she headed upstairs alongside Skyler.
"You worry over everything Jesus" Brittany shook her head pulling of her shirt and every other thing she wore except her underwear and crashing on the bed.
"I'm so effing tired" Brittany yawned. "Aren't you coming?"
"I'll" Skyler muttered as she watched Brittany slumber into the land that had castles in the sky and her mind vividly drifted back to the event that took place in windshield festival she couldn't stop thinking about the murder, she couldn't stop thinking about Teddy.........
*****
A big yawn escaped from Skyler's mouth as she stretched propping herself up. It was another day, another leg painful day. She turned and looked at the other side of the bed where Brittany should've been but wasn't which was surprising given that Brittany cherished her sleep to the fullest then her phone buzzed.
9:30 pm
"Dad: missing my little egghead"
A smile escaped from her lips and she sent him a heart beating emoji the thought of her home made her  chuckle and she missed it alot.
"Just few more days dad"  Skyler thought to herself. "Few more days" 
Skyler was different today, she let her hair down and appeared in a short black jumpsuit. Walking downstairs she met Camille hammering the wooden table.
"Skyler?" Camille turned with a smile.
"Morning" she reciprocated the smile and sat next to her.  "Doesn't that need a stronger arm?
"It's just one knot."
"Well you look like you've been on this for hours."
Camille stopped and exhaled crashing on the couch" I'll just wait for Spencer."
Skyler laughed. "Where are they by the way?"
Camille relaxed. "Couldn't go to the grocery store so they did for me."
"I see" Skyler muttered.
"Well this is what I do now, ever since Simon left I've been fixing stuffs." Camille chuckled.
Skyler was silent.
"He's not here so I'm just trying to man up for the kids and-
"You don't have to tell -
"I don't mind telling you" she raised her brows. "It's been really though for the kids but they're still riding their way through it." Camille smiled. " especially Spencer now he acts as the man of the house not because I pressured him to" Camille laughed. "That's just Spencer for you."
"I'm really sorry" Skyler mumbled not knowing what else to say.
"Don't be sorry Skyler" Camille smiled. "You're not the one who cheated. I could've forgiven him but I just couldn't I just - Camille paused stifling tears. "Yh I've got something for you" Camille suddenly rose her voice changing the topic.
"Um" Skyler muttered as Camille stood up and brought a package From the kitchen.
"The delivery guy said it was for you." Camille smiled but Skyler didn't, her mind vividly drifted back to the time she had gotten a surprise gift like this and how it turned out.
"For me?
" yh and btw I didn't take a peek"
Skyler forced a smile and opened it due to Camille's persistence.
"Wow" Camille chuckled when she saw a bouquet. "That's a lover right there"
Lilacs again  Skyler thought to herself.
"I swear I don't know who sent these." Skyler sighed worriedly.  " and it's not the first time and -
" come on sky it's okay to have secret admirers maybe he's shy" Camille giggled oblivious to the tension in Skyler's face. She quickly stood up and gently took it from her hands.
"This will be in Brittany's room since you're there, you can take it when you're leaving." Camille said with a smile as she headed up stairs leaving Skyler dumbfounded. It was happening all over again she quickly remembered finding a note in the first gift and hurried to Britt's room to see if she could find any to confirm her doubts and yes she did. The flowers were kept in an empty verse beside Brittany's side of the bed. She carefully unfolded the note which she found her heart racing quietly.
"I'm not done until I am"
Skyler's heart jerked and she supported herself by holding on to the table. She wasn't crazy, whoever was doing this was watching  her every move, whoever was doing this was close.... really close.
The thought of Jefferson injured her viens because if it was actually him it needed the involvement of the cops. Jefferson was dangerous or maybe what if it was someone else but who would know her so well to the extent of buying her flowers..... lilacs.