chapter (23)

Chapter 23
At first a blurry vision of was looked like a fan then everything in the room made visual sense to her as she looked harder. Her arms and neck still felt numb due to the injuries she had gotten from Jefferson's beating that made her completely pass out. This wasn't the first time, he had always done it to satisfy his psychopathic self eversince her abduction and each day felt like hell to Skyler and she wished she would die. Waking up to  tied hands, tied legs, head banging ache, swollen eyes from crying alot, ripped heart from regret, hunger, blood dripping from the side of her lips and rioting emotions Skyler groaned in pain on the bed casting her gaze across the room jamming the fishing line that ran across the room in a repeated x pattern with pictures of she Jefferson attached to it. All she could see was Spencer and all the more she missed him to death would've relived in the emotions of feeling him around her but then the door knob moved anticlockwise and Jefferson walked in a blood stained collar shirt, plain trousers, alcohol on his right hand and weed by the left. Immediately Skyler's heart skipped as she helplessly watched him move majestically towards the rock chair that stood in front of the bed Skyler was on sat on it.
"How're you feeling?" He asked quietly as he opened the alcohol and fed himself.
Skyler sobbed in silence.
"Did you like it cause I did."
"You'll rot in hell." Skyler cursed with fervour and he threw a sinister smile taking a puff and inhaling it like oxygen for a while.
"You really amaze me Skyler, naive yet brave"  He chuckled." What a strange combo."  "You have no idea how much I've missed Skyler and Jefferson you know"  He sighed. "I miss us."
"And I curse the day I met you." Skyler muttered.
Jefferson looked up and threw a sinister smile fiddling his cigarette. "I wouldn't have gone this far if you hadn't broken up with me."
"You hit me! " Skyler almost cried.
"You pryed way too much and it was annoying."
"I'm so stupid." Skyler cried as she stared unbelievably at the psychopath before her and the fact that she had something romantic to do with him.
Brief silence.
"You know Skyler" Jefferson started. "You were pretty much better of than my other female prawns." "Desperate for love, commitment to relationships and your loyalty just beat it all."
Skyler just stared at him in terror.
"Ever wondered why I kidnapped you?" He arched his brows. "Cause I thought of you every single day, time, your kisses, your touches and that intoxicating scent of your black hair just wouldn't leave me to go through the day normally." Jefferson chuckled as he took another puff.  "And yes I always had my ways of fulfilling my gratifications. "The flowers, the letters and most of the- he paused. " the camera. Yes Skyler I watched every bit of you every damn day." He smiled at the air imagining God knows what. "When you're angry, when you don't feel like sleeping with clothes on, when you carelessly pull off your shirt, when you cry and my favorite part. The after shower." He inhaled the air and closed his eyes. "And God that hair .... that body"
"God." Skyler muttered in utmost fear.
"We addicts can't get away from our addictions and you're my addiction Skyler that's why I beat you every time cause it's a turn on for me."
"You're crazy." Skyler said with misty eyes too weak to display appropriate emotions.
"Yh. Crazy about you." He smirked. "Believe or not Skyler you know how to mess with a man I mean look what you did to Spencer."
"He's better than you in every way!" Skyler blurted loudly to the best of her capacity. "He'd never lay his hands on me the way you did and you know what! You are going to die miserably!" Skyler said with spite intending to anger him but all she got was a long lasting hysterical laugh that made him fall back on his chair. It was frightening for Skyler but he stopped suddenly and turned a little serious.
"That'll be you not me"  he scoffed. "I mean look at your condition and besides I'd have killed that lil brat if I wanted to just like I did with teddy." He smiled wildly looking at Skyler as her eyes gradually glittened.
"Te- teddy?" She muttered in suprise, her eyes staying on his, exuding a mixture of disdain and fear. Then he smiled.
"He got too close." Jefferson shrugged. "His fault not mine."
"You killed him?!" Skyler creased a frown with widened eyes.
"What were you expecting sky?" Jefferson shrugged. "Besides it's just few fingers, and one time stab" he raised his brows."could've done worse."
"Jesus Christ Jefferson you're monster!" Skyler gasped as he stood up and gulped another amount of alcohol.
"All is fair in love and war Skyler..... all" he said firmly, suddenly standing up from his rock chair. "You have no idea how crazy I've been without you" Jefferson inhaled the air. "Your body, your hair, your smell your - he paused carresing his hair in confusion. " I'm a f**king addict sky, I couldn't just stand there and watch him get any closer. "
"Then you... murdered him? " Skyler grimaced.
"It was all your fault you should've told him you had a boy friend."
" you're not my boyfriend! Skyler screamed as tears rolled down her eyes. "For Christ sake you physically abused me!
"Cause I love you!" Jefferson pointed at her with passion in his face. "Of all my girlfriends you're the only one that ever got concerned about my past." He sniffed and rested his hands on the wall his face suddenly turning sad and remorseful but Skyler had seen it before, it wasn't Jefferson being Jefferson but the effect of the drugs that caused cyclothymia. "They all wanted my money."
" but I Loved you genuinely."
"You did." Jefferson sobbed." I'm willing to make things work now Skyler." He turned to her with misty eyes. Someone could've easily fallen for it but now Skyler knew better even if some parts of her pitied him.
"W- we can't" Skyler muttered careful not to anger him in his cyclothymic state cause she had read articles about it, the consequences were bad.
His face fell as he walked towards her.
"What do you mean? He chuckled."I can't f**king leave without you." He leaned on her breast. " you're mine"
"Jefferson please - Skyler resisted as her bound body could.
"And that camera? He sighed carresing her legs."I watched your every move. When you want to shower, when you're asleep, when you're sad and lonely, when you carelessly toss your shirt and crash on the bed, when - he paused and inhaled the air. "You have no idea Skyler" he muttered strengthening his grip on her thighs.
"Get off me." Skyler begged but now, Jefferson was far gone.
"Don't tell me what to do with you"
Get- Skyler paused shaking him off violently with the best of her remaining strength then Jefferson screamed in anger.
"You ungrateful little slut!
"I don't love you anymore okay! Skyler yelled at the top of her voice but Jefferson did not budge he simply laughed hard and kicked the chair to hard that it hit the door.
"If I can't sweet talk you I'll do it the hard way."
Skyler just lay down helplessly, oblivious of what the hard way was but had soon enough gotten heads up when she saw him loosening his belt. Was he going to rape her? Was he going to physically molest her? She didn't know but all she knew was it was a matter of do or die. Fortunately she had gotten an edge when she noticed her hands had become flexible in the rope from the intense sweating, then she began to pull. Jefferson was with a knife, that was what she saw but when he came at her with it after giving her few lashes with the belt which intensely weakened her, to his surprised she pushed him to the ground along side herself.
Panting, gasping, unexplainable weakness she rolled out of Jefferson's body and crawled for the door but he pulled her by the hair  and carried aggressively dropping her on the bed, with his hands trapping her on the two side. Left... and right.
"Jefferson please" Skyler begged with tears in her eyes. "Don't hurt me"
"That's the only way I get to love you more." He muttered and began to lick her neck, her shirt, her arms but all his moves seemed difficult to execute with her constant struggle which really annoyed him. Skyler pushed and pulled and screamed and cried until she kicked his groin and he fell to the ground. The knife wasn't far just a finger walk away from the bed. She picked it up and when he got up again she impulsively penetrated his stomach with it. Her hands were shaking, her heart had gone for a walk, electrons of fear traveling different parts of her body, she looked into his eyes and saw innocence. Why did she do it? Maybe if she didn't he would have gotten an edge over her, it was self defense.
"Sky- Skyler I - he stuttered trying to contain the overwhelming stabbing pain then suddenly the guilt and fear were put behind the anger and emotional damage Jefferson had caused her. All she could see was freedom, the feeling of being in control, with Jefferson it was different, she felt like a betrothed slave, subdued, suppressed, crazy and everything bad but now was different, she was the one with the knife.
"Sky - I - love I -
She pushed the knife further with her shaking hands to prevent him from saying those words. As far as she was concerned Jefferson did not deserve to use those words.
"Fuck you." She mustered courage and pushed again as he fell to the ground.
They held a stare briefly as Skyler turned and trudged towards the door turning to Jefferson again who looked at her helplessly.
"I love -
She was out of sight before he could complete his statement. Unable to believe she was on her feet again despite the level of weakness, maybe it was her survival instinct which she believed existed in every human. She was now outside and bursted into tears when she saw the moon the constillation of stars and the tragic fact that she was surrounded by trees, she looked back only then did she realize the house Jefferson had kept her in was in middle of  nowhere and fear gripped her. Fear of Jefferson coming back, fear of dying before the daylight but regardless of her fears she moved. The farther she got away from the house, the safer she felt, the weaker she became.