Hurrem Sultan (By notbloodraven on Tumblr)

"From peasant to concubine, Sultana to the Legal wife of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent, Hurrem Sultan's life reads almost like a fairytale.

Almost.

The death of the sultan sends Hurrem, her children and loyal servants to the English kingdom in search of allies. She will keep her sons alive to take back the sultanate, even if it means making the Tudor rose her own."

The sun was shining, so bright that it almost blinded her. She was standing in a field that reminded her of the grassy knolls in her homeland. She shielded her eyes from the sun and scanned the hillside, looking for something familiar, that's when she saw him. He stood tall and regal as ever. This wasn't Sultan Suleiman, this was her love. Her eyes met his and the sadness held within them threatened to break her. She opened her mouth to call out to him, but no sound came from within her. He stood as still as a statue, and she would have mistaken him for one, were it not for the sadness in his eyes. She picked up her skirts and ran to him. She ran and ran but came no closer. It seemed as if the faster she ran, the further he became. Breathless and frustrated, she started screaming his name. "Suleiman! Suleiman! I am here. Come to me!"

Her love, the light in her life, smiled and turned his back on her.

"Suleiman! Please! Don't leave me. I'm afraid."

The sky blackened and at once she was drenched from rain.

"My Hurrem. Now is not the time for fear. You must wake up!"