Chapter 1

Author's Note: YAY! New story, new characters, new everything! I am really excited for this story! Now I am going to try to update everyday but if I can't then it will be every other day. Depending on how things go. If you're a new reader you may want to check out the first book. It's called 'Prehistoric Forbidden Love'. Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~

I sat next to Claire at the dinner table. Claire and I had become closer in the past two years since we left Jurassic World. I still kept in touch with everyone.

I was a bridesmaid at Lowery and Vivian's wedding. Owen was one of the groomsmen. I did my best to avoid him all that night but it didn't go well. We had danced, talked. All of it. Now those memories made it harder for me to forget him.

"Nicole," Gray said had called my name and I looked up, snapping back into reality.

"Yeah?"

"Can you pass the potatoes please?"

"Oh, here." I picked up the bowl of mashed potatoes and passed it over to him. Karen and Claire insisted that I join them for dinner so I got in the car and took the 45 minutes drive to their house.

"Is everything okay Nikki?" Karen asked me.

"She's probably thinking about Owen,"

Zach said and made a kissy face at me. I rolled my eyes and then laughed.

"Zach!" Karen scolded. They all knew that particular topic was a sensitive area for me. Now, it didn't bother me as much as it used to but it still hurt.

"Yeah, I was. Happy?" I said.

"Knew it!" Zach exclaimed. For a 17 year old he certainly acted like a 13 year old.

"Okay Zach that's enough." Claire said and I gave her a look as if to say thank you. We all continued our dinner and once we finished it was around 6:30pm.

"Okay, now Zach, Gray. Go do the dishes." Scott instructed. Both boys groaned and got up and trudged into the kitchen and began doing the dishes.
"Well, it was a wonderful dinner Karen but I should be going. I have some paper work to catch up on."

My new job as an sectarian was rather boing and my boss was a total dick. He always shoved paper work at me. Every day it seemed as though the amount of paper work on my desk increased. It certainly wasn't a job for someone who was used to being outside and around animals.

"Feel free to stop by any time." Karen said as she gave me a hug goodbye.

"Thanks Karen. Bye Scott. Thank you." I shook his hand.

"Bye Zach, Gray!" I shouted and I got a goodbye back.

"Bye Nikki!" I then walked out the front door with Claire.

"Well Claire, I'll see you soon." We hugged and then both got in our cars and drove away.

As I drove back home I though of what my life would have been like if the Indominus was never created and the park was still open. Would Owen and I have actually ended up together? I let the thought go. Only thinking about it made me upset.

Forty five minutes later I pulled into the driveway of my parents home. They were both gone now but I was left the house in their will. My brother wouldn't take it and neither would my sister. I hadn't spoken to them in years. Five years to be exact.

I parked the car and went inside. I dropped my bag off on the kitchen counter and walked into my old bedroom. The off-white walls and the full sized bed with blue sheets bought back the memories of when I was younger. I ignored them and walked over to the closet and opened the doors. I pulled out an one of Owen's old t-shirt's which I still kept from when he gave it to me two years ago when I was with him in his bungalow. Then I found a pair of sweatpants and changed from my dinner outfit.

I trudged into the living room and flopped down on the couch. I reached for the television remote and turned on the T.V.

"Coming up on the news at 10. There has been word that a dinosaur attacked tourists on the shorelines of Isla Nublar."

"Shit," I mumbled and I immediately called up Claire.

"Hello?"

"Claire! There has been a dinosaur attack." I said frantically, still trying to hear what the guy on the news was saying.

"What?!" She said.

"Yes!"

"When?!"

"I have no clue. I mean- how could have this happened?"

"I don't know. We need to meet up and soon." Claire said.

"Agreed. Tomorrow?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. Make sure you watch the news. Bye Claire."

"Bye," I hung up and phone and then picked up the remote and recorded the news so I could watch it in the morning. I was exhausted.

I climbed into bed and pulled the covers around me. Slowly I drifted off to sleep to the sound of the crickets running their wings together.

•••

I stood above the raptor cage and watched as Owen trained with them.

"Good, good." He said as he walked towards me. I smiled at him and he quickly looked back at me before returning his focus to the raptors.

"Charlie, Delta, Echo, Blue." He said their names and all threw a rat to them. They all hissed and then their strong jaws tore through the small rats as Owen threw them one at a time. He then turned to me.

"Great. Now that the training is taken care of we can go."

"About time. I've been waiting for nearly 30 minutes." I said sarcastically and I took Owen's hand and we then left the raptor cage and drove down to his bungalow.

"Here we are. Home sweet home." He said as he parked his bike and go off. I followed suit and we both went inside.

"So do you think we'll ever get married?" I asked nonchalantly as I looked at the picture of us at Lowery's and Vivian's wedding.

"Maybe," Owen said as he walked over to me and looked at the picture as well.

"Maybe?" I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, you never know."

"Oh please, I know you want to marry me. I mean did you not think I noticed how jealous you got when Michael was always flirting with me? And why else would you have asked me on a date?"

"Fine," he grumbled. I kissed him on the cheek and then walked off into his bedroom.

•••

I woke up breathing heavily. I have been having dreams about Owen and I ever since I had told him I wasn't good enough for him.

Sure I regret saying what I did but I was unsure about the whole relationship thing. I did love Owen. I still do love him. I would give anything to be with him right now. Slowly I fell back to sleep after the dream but I fell asleep feeling uneasy.

~~~~~

Okay first chapter! I know kind of blah but the second should be better. More action and stuff! Update again tomorrow!

- Kat