Chapter 16

Author's Note: Okay so I felt like updating today instead of tomorrow. You are most welcome. Also I am sorry for spelling errors. Also since I updated today there probably won't be an update Friday, maybe. Maybe not. We'll see but for now.... Enjoy!! :)

~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

Justin.
"Nicole!" he said and he walked over towards me. I stood where I was standing. Not wanting to go over to him.

"Oh god, are you hurt?" he asked with a concerned tone in his voice. His hand brushed the strands of hair from my face and then brushed my cheek where I had a cut. I didn't really know it was there until he pointed it out. I probably got it from a tree branch when I was walking. It could have just grazed my cheek and I would not have noticed.

"I'm fine," I mumbled and he gave me a quick kiss on my forehead.

"I was just really worried when you never returned my calls. I went over to your house to see you weren't there. I then figured you returned to this bloody island. So I got on a helicopter and now I'm here. " he said casually.

"Wait how did you get in? I don't recall ever giving you a key." I questioned him and he then looked away from me and down at the ground.

"I broke your back window." Justin mumbled apologetically and I scowled.

Michael cleared his throat, making his presence known. I had forgot about him until now. I glanced back at him and he gave me this look as if saying,

'Who the hell is this and why is he here?'

I forgot that Claire was the only one who knew who he was. My boyfriend.

"Justin. We need to talk." I said sternly and he looked up at me. Worry filled his eyes and I tried my hardest not to smile.

"It's over Justin," I said and my hand went for the gun that was hanging at my waist.

"What do you mean it's over?" he questioned and his gaze drifted over to Michael, who was standing a few feet behind me.

"I thought I was pretty clear. Our relationship is over." I said. My right hand was now holding the end of the gun, ready to pull it out of it's holster and shoot. Just in case.

"Don't tell me you're dumping me for that guy?!" Justin yelled gesturing over Michael.

"No. God no. He's just a jackass who insisted on coming with me to help track down Blue." I was pissed now. Really pissed.

"Who?" Justin asked raising an eyebrow.

•••

- Owen's POV -

Gray tried to lighten the mood by telling some funny stories of when Zach was little.

"Gray. Shut. Up." Zach growled. But Gray didn't listen and he kept on rambling on. I looked over at Claire, who was smiling. Zach and Gray then broke out into an argument.

"Zach why are you being such an ass? I'm just trying to lighten the mood."

"I would appreciate it if you didn't say those things about me. Besides, how do you know all this stuff if you weren't even born yet?"

"Mom told me," Gray said laughing.

"That's it," Zach said and he went to go punch Gray but it intervened.

"Enough!" I shouted and separated the both of them. We then walked in silence. I hoped we would find Nicole and Michael soon.

I walked to hold Nicole close to me and tell her how much I loved her. And how I never wanted her to leave my side again but that seemed a bit to much. To protective.

"Don't tell me you're dumping me for that guy?!" I heard someone say and I looked at Claire and we then broke off into a run.

I found myself not to far from the raptor cage. I should have known Nicole would have tried going here. I saw there was a car parked and then there stood Nicole, Michael and some guy I didn't know the name of. I looked over at Claire and she was shaking her head. Did she know him?

"No. God no. He's just a jackass who insisted on coming with me to help track down Blue." Nicole said. She was pissed.

"Who?" The man asked. I moved closer to Claire.

"Who is that?" I whispered in her ear. She sighed and gave me an apologetic look.

"That is Dr. Justin Cole. Nicole's boyfriend."

•••

- Nicole's POV -

"She's a raptor," I mumbled.

"So your telling me that you came all the way here to track down a bloody dinosaur?" Justin was yelling at me and my grip tightened on the gun.

"No I came here for- for. It's too complicated you wouldn't understand."
I spat back. I looked over at Michael who was just still standing there.
Watching and not knowing what to do.

Then my gaze fell upon Claire. Claire, Zach, Gray and Owen. Shit. I was screwed now. Owen now knew. All of this made my head hurt and I was going to set everything straight.

"Okay. I am going to set all of this straight." I said looking at Owen. He just stared at me and then at Justin.

"Yes, please do." Justin said crossing his arms.

"Michael, I only think of you as a friend. Nothing more." Michael nodded in response. He knew it anyway.

"Owen," I began and I looked straight at him and smiled.

"I regret walking away from you. Claire suggested I started dating, to help get my mind off of you but I couldn't.

Justin has always been into me and he would hit on me everytime we would see each other. I just said yes to shut him up and so we went on a few dates but I have no feelings for him. I love you Owen. You and only you."

Owen looked at me but didn't say a word. He averted my gaze and I then turned to look at Justin.

"Justin. I never liked you. I'm sorry. I know you care for me and you love me but I don't want to be trapped for the rest of my life in a relationship that I would feel trapped in."

"This is all your fault!" Justin said, turning to Owen to yell at him.

"It isn't my fault that Nicole made the brilliant decision to date a jackass."
Owen snapped back. This seemed like it wasn't going to end well. I knew what I had to do.

I removed the gun and aimed it at Justin.

"You wouldn't." Justin said stepping back, his hands raised. Owen looked at me with a concerning look on his face.

"I wouldn't. You're right." I said turning the gun on myself. My finger pressed lightly on the trigger and I looked at everyone.

"Are you crazy?!" Gray yelled and I just smiled.

"I thought you already knew that?" I whispered.

"Nicole don't!" Owen yelled and I looked at him. A decision needed to be made and it needed to be made now.

From the corner of my eye I saw something move. The leaves rustled and there was a growling noise and Blue emerged from the bushes.

~~~~~~~

And so on and so forth. Update tomorrow! :)

- Kat