Chapter 2

Author's Note: First off I'd like to apologize for the really late updates. I just have more time in the evening than I do in the day. By this time I'm extremely tired. Oh well. I love you guys so much so I don't mind updating between 11pm and 1am. Anyways enjoy!

~~~~~~~

The sun shine brightly through my window and my eyes slowly fluttered open. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I was tempted to go back to sleep until 11 but it was already 10 and I still had to meet up with Claire.

Pushing the covers off me I stood up and walked into the living room. My fingers ran through my messy hair and I stared at the couch. There the remote was still in the same place I left it. I then remembered what I recorded. My hands reached for the remote and I turned on the television. I fast forwarded the news until I saw the word dinosaur on the screen.

"It has been two years since the closing of Jurassic World. Still some tourists decide to visit the now mysterious island." Said the one anchorman.

"It wasn't until just one week ago a report came back that the man was walking along the shorelines with his wife when a velociraptor came out from the brush and bit off his arm." The woman now said.

"The man was rushed by helicopter to the nearest hospital where there he is getting treated. As we receive more information we will keep you updated. Coming up next-" I shut the T.V. off and walked into the kitchen and poured myself some tea.

After I finished I decided to go back to sleep. Thankfully it was Saturday and I didn't have to work.

•••

Earlier I had set an alarm so I wouldn't sleep past 2pm. The alarm rang at 1 and I got back up and got dressed. I put on some jeans with a maroon colored t-shirt and I called up Claire as I walked out the door. It took a while for her to pick up but eventually she did.

"Hi Nicole. Any news?"

"Yeah, lots. Do you mind meeting me for lunch at Jerry's?"

"Sure see you in a few." She ended the call and I got in my car and began the 20 minute drive to Jerry's.

Jerry's was a small café located in a small plaza. It was quite a popular place for teens and adults. I got out of the car and walked in and just took a seat.

Time ticked by and I sat at the table alone still waiting for Claire. To pass the time away I read an old news paper I found in their newspaper stand.

"Hey," I looked up from what I was reading and Claire took a seat across from me.

"Hi Claire," I said laying the paper down on the table.

"So what have you heard?"

"Probably the same as everyone else. A velociraptor bit off a man's arm."

"But there were no raptors left... Right?" Claire asked and I shook my head.

"No, only Blue was left. The rest are gone."

"You're right. We have to see what we can do about this."

"We do." I said.

"And I know just who to call." Claire said smirking. My eyes widened as she picked up her phone and went to go call Owen.

"No! Please don't call him Claire!" I said and I reached for her phone but she stood up and walked out of the café.

"Fantastic." I mumbled. I don't know what I would do if I were to see Owen again.

I still had feelings for him. But did he still have feelings for me. I don't know. We haven't spoken in a year, maybe two if you don't count the night of Lowery and Vivian's wedding. Claire walked back over to our small table and sat down.

"Well I talked to Owen and he suggested we go there."

"He hasn't changed, has he?" I asked laughing. Claire still talked to Owen more than I did now a days.

"You know he still keeps that picture of you Nicole."

"What?" I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing.

"Yeah," Claire said and I didn't really have a response.

"I'll contact Simon and we should be leaving no later than three days time."

"The sooner the better." I said as we walked out of Jerry's.

"What about the others?" I questioned her.

"Right. We already have Owen." She said.

"I'll get the others." I offered.

"Great. See you in three days."

I waved goodbye as Claire got in her car and left. On the way home I called Lowery and Vivian.

"Nicole!" Vivian picked up the phone.

"Hi!"

"How have you been?"

"Okay. How are you and Lowery?"

"We're good. Lowery is always complaining about his new job. He hates it."

"I'm sorry Viv but literally my job sucks!" I heard Lowery shout and I laughed. I missed them both.

I then told Vivian what has happened and she said her and Lowery would be happy to help. Lowery especially.

"Great. See you all soon!" I said and hung up. Next was Michael. He didn't pick up but I left a voicemail. By the time I got home it was almost 4:30. I wasn't sure what to do until dinner so I walked into my brother's room. There I threw some things from when I used to work at Jurassic World. Five years worth of memories. It would have been more if it weren't for Dr. Henry Wu.

The blue sky turned pastel colors of pink, orange and a hit of purple as the sun set. I ate a chicken salad for dinner and then went off to bed.

•••

I had packed a bag with some of my belongings in it. Today I was meeting up with everyone at Claire's.

"Nicole!" I was greeted at the door by Lowery.

"Hi!" I said hugging him.

"Come on in. Claire is just waiting for Owen." I left my things by the door and followed Lowery inside to where Claire and all the others were in the living room.

"Nicole!" Vivian and Michael both called my name and they gave me both hugs.

"It's so nice to see you all again!"

"Hey Nikki," I looked to see who had called my name and I saw Zach standing in the corner of the room with Gray. I was shocked to see them there and I walked over to them.

"What are you doing here?!" I questioned them.

"We told our parents that Aunt Claire was taking us for a vacation."

"So you heard then?"

"Hell, of course we did. You don't think we'd let you go back alone. We're just as important to this team as you are to Owen." Zach said and I stared at him.

"Wow," I said. It really was a shock to me to see them both there.

"Where the hell is Owen?" Claire said walking into the room. We then heard a motorcycle engine and moments later Owen walked in.

He was with someone too. A young woman maybe about my age. She was tall and has long brown hair and brown eyes. She wore shorts that were way to small for her and a V-neck shirt that showed some of her hot pink bra. If I had a glass of water at this exact moment and I took a sip. I then would have spit all of it out in shock.

"Okay, be safe baby." She said as she kissed him.

"I will," Owen said in return and everyone stared at him like what the actual hell. She then left and we all stood there unsure about what to say or do.

"That's my girlfriend if you all were wondering. Now are we ready to go?" Owen asked.

~~~~~~

Hehehe. Another update tomorrow!

- Kat