Chapter 23

Author's Note: Remember how I mentioned the DVD release date for Jurassic World. And how I said it was in October. Well it has officially been confirmed. October 20th. Just let that sink in. October 20th about 2 months away.

~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

Together Owen and I walked downstairs into the dining room. There everyone was waiting.

"What did you need us down here for?" I asked looking at Claire.

"Dinner." she gestured to the table where there were plates with food on them.

"Where'd this come from?" I questioned.

"The kitchen,"

"That was here for about two years. Are you sure you want to eat that?"

"I made sure to check the expiration dates, and besides. If Dr. Wu and his men have been living here for two or more months, I'm sure they had to eat and have a place to stay." I didn't say anything. I just stared at her and then sat down. Owen sat next to me and the others sat down after we did.

I listened to everyone's conversations. All they seemed to talk about was the island and what recently was happening. I was quiet. I continued to listen on what they were saying and after about a half hour of this topic. I wanted them to shut up and talk about something else.

"Since Vic and Dr. Wu are now dead surely the other men will not continue his work. Most of them probably will just return home. They know they can't continue the work without him. They have no other choice." Claire said before taking a bite of her pork. Pork.

Honestly, I didn't pay attention to what we were all eating until now. Claire was a pretty good cook.

"Maybe they have a back up contact." Lowery said and Vivian nodded in agreement.

"But if they did, wouldn't he or she be here by now?"

"Well, maybe their contact or whoever..." Lowery began saying but then stopped as I got up.

"Where are you going?" Claire asked me. Quickly, I said the first thing that came to mind.

"The bathroom. I'll be back." I answered, pushing the chair in. As I walked out of the large dining hall, I felt every one watch me leave.

Instead of going to the bathroom, I walked through the lobby and out through the door. There was something that I needed to do, that needed to be taken care of.

I got in the car, started up the engine and backed out of the parking spot I had parked in earlier. The car ride was silent and I didn't like the silence. I tried to get the radio to start and nothing. The signal connection was crappy so I just began to sing.

"He could be a sinner, or a gentleman
He could be your preacher, when your soul is down
He could be your lawyer on a witness stand but
He'll never love you like I can, can..." As I came close to the lab I silenced myself from singing. I parked the car and got out. I shoved the keys in my pocket and closed the door behind me.

I walked inside the lab and it was deserted. Leaving me with an alone and eerie feeling flowing through my body. I walked down the familiar hallways. The white walls and silver doors. The lights flickering on and off. The bodies on the floor.

I picked up one of the guns that was lying on the floor and slung it across my back. I walked to the door I saw Dr. Wu come out of once, it was when I was being held here and Vic was taking me to see him.

As I approached the door, I noticed that there was a fingerprint scanner.

"Shit." I mumbled. I needed a fingerprint and I knew exactly where I was going to get the print and where the person was.