Chapter 14

Author's Note: Okay hopefully this chapter will be better. I was just really tired on Thursday. And I want to apologize for not updating yesterday, from now on there will be early updates because I just can't do them in the evening anymore. I am too tired. So just because I feel really guilty about not updating yesterday this will be a longer chapter. Usually I try to make these 1,000+ words.
Also I changed by bio. Not really important but just wanted to say... Okay enjoy! :) Oh one more thing then you can read, or maybe you just skip these idk but how many of you forget what you wrote and have to go back and reread? *raises hand* I do that all the time. Okay now enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

I didn't say anything. Owen lowered his gun and I followed suit. The others were still sleeping. I knew Blue was still alive but never had I thought that she would have found us. Owen held his hand out to Blue. She stepped closer to Owen and I watched as she sniffed the air and let Owen pet her.

Off in the distance there was a roar and Blue turned around and took off running.
She disappeared between the thick trees and Owen just stood there.

"Owen, are you okay?" I asked placing a hand off his shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." he said and he brushed my hand off his shoulder.

Something was wrong and Owen wasn't telling me what it was. Was it because I told him I couldn't marry him? There were so many possibilities. My thoughts traveled back to Blue. The way she ran off, she must have a new alpha.

I made myself a mental note to go off on my own tomorrow to search for her.

"You should get some sleep." Owen told me and I looked at him.

"I'm not really tired." I said in response.

"Get some sleep." he said in a demanding tone and I just nodded in response and walked off. I laid down on the ground and closed my eyes.

Drifting off into an uneasy sleep. All I could think about was what the hell I was going to do about this.

•••

I woke to see sunlight pouring in through the treetops. I blinked so my eyes would get adjusted to the brightness.

I sat up and looked at the others. All of them were still sleeping. Perfect. I stood up brushing the dirt off of my body. Not that helped really. My hair was a mess, I had scratches and bruises on my face and arms. A few tears in my clothes but it was expected. Especially if you're walking through what seemed like an endless jungle to hunt genetically modified hybrids.

Carefully I walked past Owen and Claire. Who for some reason fell asleep next to each other. I ignored the surge of jealousy that started up inside me and continued to walk. Gray and Zach we're sleeping a few feet away from each other. I stopped dead in my tracks when Zach spoke.

"Nicole I really like you..." Seems like someone has a crush. Cute. I laughed quietly to myself and walked past them. I didn't see the gun laying on the ground and I tripped.

"Shit," I mumbled and Michael then woke up.

"Nicole what are you-" he began. I was tempted to run but instead I put my fingers to lips, signaling for him to shut up. He did and he stood up and walked over to me. Michael was slightly taller than me, but then again so was pretty much everyone else.

"What are you doing?" Michael asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to find some water," I said. It was the first thing that came to my mind. It sounded legit anyway.