Chapter 15

Author's Note: *IMPORTANT* I just want to say thank you to all of those who read my story!! It means a lot! I didn't think the first one would have gotten as many reads, votes and comments as it has. This one too! So thank you all! Also I am going on vacation this Saturday and I will be gone for a week. I will give you all an update on Thursday and Friday! I will see if I can't sneak in a short chapter or something but if I can't updates will resume on 7/27/15 which is a Monday. Enjoy!!!! :)

~~~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

"How do you know that's Nicole's blood?" Claire asked me and I stood back up and looked at her.

"I don't know. I just have a really bad feeling," I said and I looked back down at the fresh puddle of blood. I then saw a raptor print left in the mud and it lead east.

"If Nicole and Michael were tracking Blue down then they must have gone this way." I said and I walked through the bushes. The others following me. We walked through the thick trees and humid weather. I hated being separated from Nicole. A piece of me felt as if it was missing when she wasn't here next to me or with me.

Though there was something she wasn't telling me. She said "I can't," when I asked her to marry me. It wasn't a no but I can't.

"Owen," Zach called my name and my thoughts disappeared. I looked over at him and he pointed to a large tree trunk that was stained with some red. More blood.

•••

- Nicole's POV -

Michael and I had woken up at the crack of dawn. We both continued to make our way through the thick hell of a jungle and around noon we reached the raptor cage.

"Finally," Michael mumbled and I smiled slightly but my smile faded slowly as the memories of when I was training with Owen when I first came here.

•••

"Welcome to the raptor cage," Owen said as we pulled up in one of the parks cars. Owen had picked me up from the Samsung Innovation Center. Silently we drove in the car until we reached the cage.

"So this is where you spend your time? With highly intelligent and carnivorous dinosaurs?" I asked stepping out of the car and looking around.

Men with guns stood off the to sides. Other workers bustled around and worked on some small construction.

"Nicole, pleasure to see you again." Barry walked over to Owen and I.

"Hi," I said and then we walked over to the raptor cage. I climbed the stairs and the first thing I noticed was how high up I was. I shuddered slightly, remembering my small fear of heights.

Then I felt a hand on hand on my shoulder. I looked back and Owen stood behind me.

"I'll be here to catch you if you fall." he said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

"Where are the raptors Mr. Grady?" I asked looking down.

"Owen." he said and I smiled.
"Fine. Owen. But why not Mr. Grady?" I asked.

"I got enough of in the Navy. It's nice to hear my name again." he said and I nodded. I didn't know he was in the Navy but I wasn't going to keep asking further questions. Owen didn't seem like the type who was very open to people.

Especially people who he just met. Luckily for him, I wasn't that kind of person either. I wasn't at all open about my past. I hated talking about my parents.

My siblings, Jacob my older brother and Amelia, my younger sister. The life we all shared was a good one until my parents died after my senior year of high school. After that my whole life fell apart. Jacob moved and got married. Amelia dropped out of high school and moved in with her boyfriend. Occasionally we'd still talk but I haven't seen them since I started working here.

•••

"Nicole, do you know where there's a first aid kit anywhere?" Michael asked me. The images of Owen, Barry and I standing and looking down at the raptors disappeared and I looked at Michael.

"Yeah there should be one over here." I lead him over to the gate and I opened it. There on the wall was a small first aid kit and I took it down and opened it. All I needed was in there and I lead Michael to the stairs. I sat down on a step above him so it would be easier to tend to his wound.

"Sit and remove your shirt," I demanded and he did. I removed the piece of cloth I had wrapped around his wound earlier and I wiped off the dry blood with a clean cloth. I felt Michael tense up a bit and I mumbled an apology.

It didn't take me long to rewrap his shoulder and within ten minutes it was done.

"Thanks," Michael mumbled and I nodded, joining him on the step he was sitting on.

"Don't mention it." I said and then we sat there in silence for a while. I looked over at Michael and smiled.

"Hey Michael," as I said his name he looked over and me and I leaned in and kissed him. At first he was taken back by shock before he kissed me back.

After a minute I broke the kiss and I just stared at him. Just then realizing what I did. What was wrong with me? I had no feelings for Michael other than our mutual friendship that was based off respect, just like the relationship I had with the raptors.

"Don't say a word." I said and Michael nodded in agreement.

"And if you do, you will see how scary I can be."

"Woah. You kissed me." MIchael said and I sighed.

"Moment of weakness. So shut up and don't say anything about it." I stood up and walked down the steps and then away from the raptor cage. Clearly there was nothing here and Blue hadn't been here. Which meant she was out in that hell of a jungle.

"Wait up!" Michael shouted and he jogged over to where I was standing. I strapped my gun over my shoulder, ready to go back through the jungle.

"You ready?" I asked MIchael without looking at him.

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess." I then began walking into the jungle and Michael followed.

•••

Together we walked in silence and it was quiet enough that I heard the sound of a car running. I ran towards the noise and stopped once I saw headlights.

There was a person in the car and the door opened and that person stepped out. My jaw dropped in shock once I saw who it was. Justin.

~~~~~~~

Mwhahaha! *evil laugh* this was a pretty good cliffhanger if I have to say so myself. Next update on Thursday! ;)

- Kat