Chapter 20

Author's Note: So I want to say roughly 5 to 10 more chapters until this story ends... I'm not 100% sure yet... depends on what I decide to do... plot wise. Anyway, apologies for last trajesty haha but for now, enjoy this one.

~~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

I got up and saw a figure laying next to me. At first the outline was blurry, but as my vision came too, I saw more clearly who it was. A girl. Was it the same girl that helped me? I still didn't know. Hopefully, it would come to my mind soon.

She was the one who was talking to me last night. I knew because she was laying next to me and holding my hand.

She was undeniably pretty. With her orange blonde hair, pale skin and slim figure. Though she was sleeping, I was sure her eyes were a striking color.

Gently, I got up and carefully let go of her hand. Her grip softened since she was sleeping. I brushed myself off and headed into the direction that lead towards the river.

The sound of running water was very faint, but easily, I made it there without problems. There I stripped myself of my clothes and then stepped into the river.

I washed off all the dirt, grime and dry blood that was resting on the surface of my skin.

Afterwards I took my clothes and washed them off before putting them back on. I then sat at the edge of the water for a while, just watching the water flow downstream.

Everything was quiet until the sound of leaves rustling startled me. I stood up and waited for something to emerge from them. And something did. That girl.

Now seeing her she looked slightly familiar and in my mind I saw her face. Her smiling face. She was beautiful.

"Owen!" she called my name and I smiled slightly. Her voice was filled with excitement and she came running towards me. She wrapped her arms around me. Hugging me.

"Oh god, Owen don't ever do that again. You gave me such a scare." she whispered.

She then abruptly let go once she realized that I wasn't hugging her back.

Not to be rude, but who are you?" I asked, looking down at her.

"Owen, you really don't remember who I am?" she said. Now she was crying. I felt bad, but I didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry. I honestly don't." I said, still looking at her. But when I pictured her earlier, she did look familiar. She looked at me, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded before turning to leave.

"Y-yes. Thank you, for your concern." she said looking back at me. I watched as she walked away. I felt sorry for her.

Just before she disappeared through the trees, something inside me felt wrong. Before she disappeared completely from my sight, I ran after her. I took her and and she turned swiftly around.

"Owen," she whispered.

I stared into her icy blue eyes. That wrong feeling went away. Then out of no where, I kissed her. I pulled her close to me, wrapping my arms around her. I liked the way her lips felt against mine. I liked everything about her.

That's when I felt this spark inside me. I knew who she was. Nicole Jensen. Who I had spent my years at Jurassic World with. Who had been with me through everything. My girlfriend. My fiancé.

"Nicole." I said her name quietly and she nodded, trying to hold back more tears.

"You remember?" she whispered.