Chapter 25

Dedication: To my family, friends and wonderful readers, because without any of you. I wouldn't have gotten this far on any of my stories. Thank you all!

Author's Note: This was the first chapter of "A New Generation" but since I decided to transfer it, chapter 25. Enjoy! :)

Also, cover credit goes to @M_Endler she's amazing, so you should totally go check out her profile!

~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

"Why?" I questioned Dr. William.

"I don't know. Could be something to do with your genetics. Do you know if your parents had any miscarriages?"

"No." I simply stated. My parents never said anything about that. They weren't open about their past. I remember as a child, I asked my mom and her and dad fell in love, typical of all young girls, but she never answered. She just I don't remember I don't want to talk about it. As I got older, I questioned their marriage and if it was still a good, strong one. I want to say it's in the middle but I could be wrong.

"Okay, well. For now just be careful. Your still only in the beginning of the first trimester. Watch what you eat and do." He said smiling at me.

"Bye, and thank you." I said before walking out of the room and to the front desk. I scheduled another appointment and then left.

•••

"Nicole?" Owen called my name as the door closed behind me and I walked into the house and set down my bag and keys on the counter top.

"Yeah, how are you?" I asked walking it into the living room and kissing him lightly on the cheek.

"I'm good. How was the appointment?" I stared at him, unsure of what to say. Should I tell him the truth? I couldn't. Maybe I could, but not now.

"It went well." I just told my husband a straight up lie. Did I feel bad. Yes. Did I want to tell him what the doctor said.

No.

"Are you sure?" Owen questioned me, raising an eyebrow. I nodded and smiled before sitting down on the couch next to him. He draped his arm over me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Have you thought of any good names?" Owen asked.

"No, I honestly haven't thought about it." Truthfully, I haven't.

"I like James."

"Me too."

•••

As I furthered along in the pregnancy, I continued to think about what Dr. Williams said. It bothered me but at the same time, not. If my parents had three children and nothing unfortunate happened, the same wouldn't happen to me. There was a slim chance.

Owen was at work and I was getting ready for work. I taught Marine Science at the local college. Next to paleontology and genetics, Marine Science was another favorite of mine.
I slipped on my flesh colored flats and grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

•••

My students loved me. On my first day, which was two days ago, most of the guy's jaws dropped at the sight of me. They called me hot and of course asked me how old I was. I said 24. One of the students, who's name was Anthony asked if I was married and I showed him my ring. He said damn and I continued on with the class. The first day I administered a test. You could only guess the responses, moans and complaints. I told them to shut up and if they didn't take it, I'd fail them for the first semester.