Chapter 22

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating in the past week. Just wanted a break but I am back and now you all get an update. It's blah, I have to get back into the hang of things. Anyway... enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~

- Claire's POV -

"We have company. Gray just said there are ten men on their way here. They all have guns." I said, getting my gun ready to shoot.

"Well then. Let's go kill some bastards." Michael said, now getting his gun ready.

"Lowery, take Vivian and go. Go right once you get down to the end of the hallway. There should be another door that leads to the control room." I instructed and the both of them nodded.

They then took their departure from the room, just in time too. Only moments after they left, the men came running in. Then everything turned into total chaos.

"Nicole, take care of Dr. Wu. We'll hold them off." Owen said and Nikki nodded. She took a pair of handcuffs, where had she gotten them from, I had no clue. And she handcuffed Dr. Wu and pushed him out the door.

The sound of guns being shot echoed off the white walls of the tiny room. It wasn't before long that those once white walls were stained with blood.

I was busy shooting at these men. Most of them were now dead. Only two were left. Michael was shooting at one and Owen another. I lowered my gun for a second. But I shouldn't have.

"Michael!" I shouted his name before another guy came out of no where. He was going to shoot, but I jumped in front of Michael. Before I knew it, I was laying on the floor and warmth surrounded me.

"Claire!" Michael shouted my name but I didn't know where he was. That moment of not knowing didn't last long for then he was right by my side.

"How bad is it?" I mumbled, looking up at Michael.

"Not that bad." he said in reply.

"It's bad. Don't lie." I said coughing.

"Oh Claire, don't die."

"I'll try not too." Now I was feeling worse and my vision was blurry.

Everything I heard seemed to be off in the distance.

"Michael. Tell Zach and Gray, I love them. Karen too. Owen, I wish you and Nicole all the best." I then pulled him close to me and quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek. I heard footsteps and someone ran in. I looked up to see that is was Nikki, Vivian, Lowery, Gray and Zach.

"Aunt Claire!" Gray said and he ran over to me. He took my hand and squeezed it lightly.

"What's mom going to say?" Gray said and he looked up at his brother, who didn't know what to do. I then saw Nikki leave. I wondered where she went off too. I then turned my attention back to Michael and the others.

"Claire, are you okay to walk?" Owen asked and Michael threw him a dirty look.

"Of course she isn't! She just took a bullet for me." he snapped back and I laughed quietly.

"Usually, it's the other way around Michael." I said and everyone laughed.

"I knew, I'm such an ass. Why didn't I stop you?" he asked looking at me.

"I don't know, but I couldn't let you die. I mean,'" I paused before I finished the sentence, "I like you." This wasn't how I wanted him to find out. In front of everyone but it seemed like I was going to die so better now than never.

"Awww," Vivian said and she took Lowery's hand. I looked over at Owen, and by the look on his face. He wished she was here next to him.

"I like you too Claire," Michael said and I smiled.