4. Life for Time

What Y/n saw was that all 12 members of Seventeen lied unconsciously on beds with pale faces.

Y/n: *gasps* Oh no! What happened?! *Ran to Jeonghan, the nearest member in front of Y/n*

S.coups: He died already...

Y/n: *Even more shocked* What?! Why?

S.coups: *looked down* He sacrificed his lifetime for me... Same as the rest.

Y/n: I don't understand what you mean...

S.coups: That's how the lifetime works here. You can only live for a week, then you'll die. You can also transfer your lifetime to someone else so that the person you gave your life to can live longer, but it's just plus a week.

Y/n: So... What about you?

S.coups: All 12 of them already sacrificed their own life to give them to me in turns. The last person who did that is Jeonghan and he begged me to find a person that can help us get out of here. Or maybe just me...

Y/n: *Confused* Just you?

S.coups: *body trembling* I'm the only one that is still alive for 12 weeks  living in this trapped place... And I only have 3 hours to live...

Y/n: *froze* 3 hours... To live? Did I come too late?

S.coups: Kinda... *Try to hide disappointment* But even though you've come late, I'm so grateful that you're here to help us!

Y/n: *Looked down* But what can I help you anyway? I'm just a Carat and have no superpower to revive or reincarnate people. I don't even know how to go back to the real world.

S.coups: *murmured* Oh... You're right. You're stuck here now. But you didn't get the curse like us.

Y/n: *Barely heard what he said* Yeah... I'm just hoping that you guys can get out of here with me, alive.

S.coups just stayed silent and thought about you. He doesn't want to see a fan of his team to get sad. Suddenly, he got an idea.

S.coups: I want to show you something.

S.coups walked out of the room and Y/n followed him. He went to the furthest side of the hallway and met stairs to the basement floor. As they went further to the darkness, Y/n got scared of her surroundings. After S.coups turned on the lights, Y/n was astonished with the environment of the basement. The basement had an unknown massive machine that she had never seen before.

Y/n: What is that?!

S.coups: This is what we call "Soul Transmitter". This machine can absorb souls from living creatures and turn into something else or transfer the souls into other bodies.

Y/n: *didn't believe what he just said* No way! This thing can do that?!

S.coups: *chuckle* Yes, it can. That's how I got the other members' lifetime.

Y/n still didn't believe what he said, but considering he could survive until today was the proof of the work of the machine.

S.coups: Sadly I don't have a living thing to show you as an example. No animals can surpass this thick wall and we're nowhere. Me and you are the only ones that are alive here.

Y/n: Oh... *Silence*

After a moment of silence, S.coups finally spoke again.

S.coups: Do you really want to get out of here?

Y/n just nodded.

S.coups: *hesitate* I can give you my life so that you can wish for something that you want.

Y/n was terrified about S.coups's words. She didn't expect him to sacrifice his own life for her.

Y/n: No! Please, S.coups! Don't do it!

S.coups: It's alright. This machine can change my soul into some kind of wish material so that you can get out of here.

Y/n's was about to form tears when she heard this. She didn't want S.coups to die, same as the rest.

Y/n: S.coups... You can't do this to me... Your fans out there are waiting for your return...

S.coups just smiled in pain when he saw Y/n crying in front of him. He hugged her after that.

S.coups: Y/n... I don't have much time left to live. We, Seventeen members also have been tied up with the curse that we obtained 3 months ago.

Y/n stopped crying and looked at him confusedly.

Y/n: Curse? What kind of curse?

S.coups: Well, easy to say, all of us will always have to be controlled by someone, even if we become human again. We're just like marionettes now and that can't be changed, even if someone used their wishes to break the curse. Let's say, it's permanent.

Y/n: *started to cry more* There's no way to break it? But I want to use the wish to break it up...

S.coups: If I can do that, I'll do it too, but all of us are forbidden from getting ourselves out of here. Only the person that is out of the curse can wish for that. And the fact that they can also wish to bring us together with them is quite weird...

Y/n: *realised something* Wait, how did you know about this? You can't even test it out. How did you know about who can wish for what and you guys can't wish for something?

S.coups: Oh, I forgot to show you this.

S.coups went to a bookshelf nearby and picked up an ancient book.

S.coups: You may need this.

Y/n: The guideline on how to use the machine?

S.coups: Yep.

Y/n went through the pages and stopped at the page that attracted her attention.

Y/n: Wish... Splitter?

-Continue on Chapter 5-

A/N: That's all for this part! Sorry, it's a long story... Fun fact, I made this during my Education Class :D I can't! I'm too bored to just listen to what my lecturer said on that online platform! So I made this while listening to the lecture to avoid myself from sleeping in front of my laptop :')

Anyway, stay tuned for the next part!
-mjnb-