🍃The Ceremony🍃

It's been a few days since (Y/N)'s first meeting with Zelda and Link. They traveled to the castle, where a ceremony will be held today to officially make the Zonai and the other chosen a champion.

"What if I'm not ready? What if I mess up? What if the other champions don't like me?" Millions of thoughts raced through (Y/N)'s head as Zelda, Link, and them walked through the hallway.

Link must've noticed the prince(ss) worry, since he put his hand on their shoulder (well, on my arm, since they stood way taller than him), and gave them a look that said "don't worry".

It seemed like that did the trick, since the Zonai Champion calmed down after that.

The trio stopped right in their tracks when Zelda stood in front of a massive door.

"Alright (Y/N). The rest of the soon-to-be champions are in here too, and so is my father, the king. Please try to keep calm, okay? You'll do great." She beamed, before pushing open the doors.

As they all walked in, (Y/N) eyed the other people inside the room.

There was the king, of course. Long white beard, royal blue coat, and golden crown. He was sitting on top of a throne in the middle of the room. Slightly intimidating but warm and kind at the same time.

As for the other champions...

There was a big Goron, a large individual. Like all of his race, he has brown skin and a strong body, as hard and resilient as rock. His hair is white, completed by a bushy beard. He wears chains that cross his torso diagonally.

"He kinda reminds me of Santa..."

Then, there was a tall Gerudo woman, and like all Gerudo, she has tan skin and red hair, which she wears in a ponytail. She has a muscular body and wide hips. Her eyes are green, and her lips are painted blue. She wears an armor consisting of a golden top with red, blue and green motifs, golden shoulder pads, a black cloak as a skirt held with a golden belt, and large earrings and bracelets, also golden.

Along with the other two, there was a Zora with crimson scales. She has fins and webbed feet. She was also very small. Also, she has yellow eyes. Her body was adorned with elaborate silver jewelry and wears yellow ropes around her torso and shoulders.

Those seemed to be all the other champions... until the young Zonai spotted one other person in the room. They were distanced away from the others, looking sternly out the window. A Rito that appeared to be around the prince(ss)' age. His plumage is dark blue with white details, a yellow beak with a black tip and electric green eyes with the plumage around it red. At the back of his head fall three braids caught with a green rubber band. He wears red and white Rito armor with golden shoulder pads, a kind of white scarf around his neck, and white pants.

(Y/N) was a little confused on why this Rito was so... distant from the other champions. But nevertheless, they decided to approach the group.

"... Hello." The group seemed a little startled by the Zonai's sudden appearance.

"Oh, hello there. I assume you're the other chosen champion, yes?" spoke the Zora woman.

"Yup, that's me." They grinned.

"Well, nice to meet'cha bud!" The Goron hit them in the back in a friendly manner. It hurt the Zonai a lot, of course, but they didn't say anything about it.

—----------------------

After a little chat, The soon-to-be champions had gotten to know each other very well... all except the Rito. The group had mentioned that ever since he had arrived, he hadn't spoken to anyone.

The conversation soon turned to focus on this Rito.

"Maybe he's timid?" said Urbosa, with a pondering hand on her chin.

"Well, whatever it is, he's also a fellow champion, no?" spoke Daruk, with his happy personality.

"Maybe one of us should approach him..." Mipha suggested.

They all turned to the Zonai, a mischievous grin on Urbosa's face.

"... What? Me? Oh no no no... he doesnt look like the type to get along with someone like me." I scratched the back of my head.

"You sure, bud?" Daruk said smugly.

"Yeah, I am. Plus, I don't think he likes any of us in general..." The Rito stayed gazing out the window, looking at the sky with a stern expression.

"Still, we should try, shouldn't we?" Mipha looked up to (Y/N) with a pleading expression and puppy eyes. "Come on, (Y/N). You can do this."

"... Fine." (Y/N) said a bit annoyed.

"Perfect!" Said Urbosa. "Hurry though, the ceremony will start soon."

They walked over to the Rito, unsure of what to say.

"Uhm... hello." They waved to the Rito.

"..." The Zonai was completely ignored.

"Hellooo?" They tried again

No response again. The Rito clearly heard (Y/N), he just ignored them.

"Maybe complimenting something about him could work?"

"I like your bow."

"... Thanks." The Rito finally replied, still keeping his gaze on the sky.

"In (Y/N), by the way. Nice to meet you!" They extended their hand for a handshake.

In exchange, they just got a weird look from the Rito.

"I guess it's nice to meet you too... I'm Revali." He awkwardly shook my hand.

"Say... I've never seen a bow like that before."

"It's the only one in Hyrule. One of a kind." Seems like Revali might loosen up a little...

—---------------

The couple chatted for a few minutes, but it was mostly Revali talking about how he is "worthy of this bow". Even though the prince(ss) didn't get much word in the conversation, they did their best to listen and not be a jerk.

"I gotta admit, you're a really cool guy Revali."

"If I had a rupee for every time someone told me I'm cool..." He grinned pridefully.

"I'm sure the rest will love to meet you too!"

"Eh..." he shrugged. "I'm not sure about that. I'm not like them, all cheery and joyful." He gazes out the window.

"And unlike them... I had to work hard to be a champion, while they were just entitled to it." He frowned.

"Well... you never know til you get to know someone, right?" (Y/N) extended their hand. "C'mon, I'm sure they'll like you. I did, so who's to say that they won't?"

Revali thought for a few seconds, with a thoughtful hand (or wing) holding his chin.

"I guess I can try." He stepped forward.

"Wonderful! Oh I'm sure they'll love you."