⛈️Dark Ending: Spirits⛈️

(TW: A bit of descriptive violence)

-(Y/N)'s POV-

My whole body was in pain. A stabbing pain. I looked down, holding onto life just for a few seconds, and what I saw was haunting. A massive sword went through my whole torso, my blood splattered on the floor and coming out of my mouth.

I lost...

And in a flash, the pain was over. Everything went black... until the sunlight flashed right over me. Somehow, I was standing atop of Vah-Windre again, and the beast was gone. The main control panel was still covered in that goo, but no monster is to be seen.

"What...? How?" I looked around, trying to get my mind together. I looked down at myself, spotting a massive scar all over my chest and back. But it seemed fully healed...

That wasn't it either. I felt light as a feather, like I could float easily. Windre was somehow still up in the sky, swimming in the clouds. And weirdest of all, my skin was semi-transparent.

"I'm... I'm not dead?" I remember my father telling me stories when I was a kid of how when someone died in a cursed place, their soul was doomed to linger in that place until someone came to free them. This can't be it, right? I can't be dead... Can I?

I turned over to where I remember being... y'know, and sure as hell there was a pool of blood.

I died. I failed my only mission. I'm a spirit...

"I'll never see him again, will I?" I felt tears form in my eyes, just thinking of never seeing my birdie again... not even my friends.

I curled down into a ball, and just let it all out. I couldn't hold it in, I just needed to cry...

-??? POV-

It was another boring day in town. The massive storm that loomed above our town had been a problem for a while, but I wasn't letting my hopes of finally getting rid of it one day disappear. One day...

"Prince Magnus?" My personal knight jolted me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay? You seem lost in thought."

"Oh. Uhm.. yes, I'm fine. Just worried for the town..." I sighed, looking out the window. The storm caused by Vah-Windre hasn't subsided for 100 years since my champion ancestor's death. All of Hyrule has been in trouble...

But before my knight could keep speaking, we were rudely interrupted by a small, blonde Hylian opening the doors.

My knight readied their weapon to attack. "Wait." I stopped him before they could do anything. I know this Hylian...

"No... it can't be." My eyes must be deceiving me! "You must be Link! So the rumors were true..."

"Link? The champion?" My guard said with disbelief. "Are you sure, Prince? Didn't they perish thanks to the calamity a hundred years ago...?"

"The storybooks say so, but... here he is!" I extended my hand towards the Hylian. "My name's Prince Magnus. Pleasure to finally meet you!"

Link explained everything that happened all those years ago. The champions, the calamity, everything... and how he needed to take back all the divine beasts.

"Of course I can help you!" I smiled. "And luckily for us, I might know a way to get up there. We just need to take care of Windre's shields without getting taken down..."

"But I'm sure you can handle that, can't you?"

Link nodded with confidence.

"Perfect then! Shall we head on up?"